PDA

View Full Version : Lie-Nielsen auction alert

Patrick C Daugherty
03-10-2024, 1:54 PM
For you folks with the Lie-Nielsen affliction (beyond my pocketbook) there is an online tool auction in Edinburg Va. next week. 20 or so various LN planes plus some saws and other bits. In addition Stanleys and others, all look to be in good shape are part of the auction.
Cautionary note, The auction company is more of an estate auction co, than a fine tool auction co. As a result several of the planes that have extra blades or fences etc are being auctioned without those pieces, just the bare plane with one blade. The other bits that go with the planes are grouped together in a couple of bid lots called plane blades or plane accessories.

Tony Zaffuto
03-10-2024, 3:25 PM
And next Saturday is the PATINA tool sale and auction in Damascus, MD.

Kendall Scheier
03-10-2024, 6:48 PM
Are there links?

Patrick C Daugherty
03-10-2024, 9:03 PM
Laughlin Auctioins, Edinburg Va

Eric Brown
03-11-2024, 9:09 AM
https://laughlinauctions.com/

Walter Plummer
03-12-2024, 2:13 PM
The Patina tailgate and auction: https://www.patinatools.org/event/patina-annual-tool-show-and-auction/

Eric Brown
03-12-2024, 6:53 PM
Thanks for the link Walter. Saw a lot of nice tools. Thankfully I have too many now. Might take years to purge them all. (it's my retirement job).

Rob Luter
03-17-2024, 8:31 PM
https://laughlinauctions.com/

Dang! Thank goodness it’s a long way from me.

Jeff Bartley
03-21-2024, 9:40 PM
I watched a good bit of the auction last night, bid on a few things, was outbid on most but I did pick up a froe!

I must say that when I picked it up this morning all the high end stuff looked awesome! But it was shocking how high some of the clamps went.

I always regret not bidding on more items!

Patrick C Daugherty
03-22-2024, 8:17 AM
I watched a good bit of the auction last night, bid on a few things, was outbid on most but I did pick up a froe!

I must say that when I picked it up this morning all the high end stuff looked awesome! But it was shocking how high some of the clamps went.

I waas outbid on everything except flannel shirts.

Tom Bain
03-25-2024, 9:24 PM
Ditto … the bidding got ridiculous. Not sure I will participate in another auction if they are all like that.

Tom Bain
03-25-2024, 9:26 PM

Jeff — Glad you won something especially so close to you! I thought about sending you a text as I was passing through but had to get back home. The wildfire smoke was crazy on Friday was nuts.

Jeff Bartley
03-25-2024, 10:31 PM
Jeff — Glad you won something especially so close to you! I thought about sending you a text as I was passing through but had to get back home. The wildfire smoke was crazy on Friday was nuts.

I was up on the ridge above new market gap a week ago, the photos of the fire up there were crazy! I almost thought I could see the flames through the smoke on Friday morning heading south on 81. Hit me up anytime you pass this way Tom!