PDA

View Full Version : Where to get large band saw blade - Southern California

Mark Gibney
02-29-2024, 11:34 AM
Anyone have a good reliable source for large band saw blades in SoCal?
Or is online better?
In case it matters to your answer the blade will be 18' long, for resawing.

thanks, Mark

Robert L Stewart
02-29-2024, 1:40 PM
I order 20' blades from Strata Forest Products in El Cajon, CA. 619 449-9663
The blades come from the LA area. Strata also has 3 locations in the LA area.
Santa Ana 714 751-0800.

George Yetka
02-29-2024, 1:45 PM
sawblade.com helped us with our 136.5" blades for a metal saw we have

Richard Coers
02-29-2024, 2:06 PM
There are 2 dimensions that make a difference. Your term of large just means long? Any place can make what ever length you want, it's just that someplaces it means a custom order. If you also want a wide blade, go to places that sell sawmill blades.

Andrew Hughes
02-29-2024, 2:11 PM
These guys have a good selection of Resaw blades except the laguna blades. They carried the Lenox woodmaster 1.3 and 2 th. Kairos is the name. They will make up a blade while you wait. https://kairostooling.com/
Santa fe spring.
Good Luck

mike stenson
02-29-2024, 2:19 PM
These guys have a good selection of Resaw blades except the laguna blades. They carried the Lenox woodmaster 1.3 and 2 th. Kairos is the name. They will make up a blade while you wait. https://kairostooling.com/
Santa fe spring.
Good Luck

I can only find 1/2" and 3/8" 4tpi blades there. Am I missing a secret handshake?

Andrew Hughes
02-29-2024, 6:11 PM
I don’t remember them having a online store. They are a saw service they sharpen most anything.
If your looking for a particular blade you gotta call them.
They make very nice welds too.
Good Luck

mike stenson
02-29-2024, 6:38 PM
I don’t remember them having a online store. They are a saw service they sharpen most anything.
If your looking for a particular blade you gotta call them.
They make very nice welds too.
Good Luck

Yea, they got pages and pages of circular saws on their online store.. sharpening services, and one bandsaw blade. Seems an odd thing to miss :D

Wes Grass
02-29-2024, 10:45 PM
'Long blades' ...at some point equals how much of 'that' do we have in stock.

It's sold, at least in reasonable sizes, in 100 foot spools.

A couple of sizes ... whatever's left, 1/4 to 1/2" ... at what's now my brother's shop. Primarily metal work, but just requires ... seems like a good idea... a major feed rate reduction for wood ... otherwise loading up the teeth... which magically starts creating curves where none were desired...

Wes Grass
02-29-2024, 10:53 PM
'Spectrum Supply' pop's in my head ...

If that doesn't come up ...bury me in 'abuse' until I dig thru 10 or 15 yo email to figure out where I sourced them, and what I got for ????

I've got a couple Bi-metal blades from them ... maybe the wide carbide resaw blade .. .

Mark Gibney
03-01-2024, 1:11 AM
Richard, you're right, I ought to have said I'm looking for a re-saw blade about 30mm wide.
Thanks Andrew, I'll call Kairos Tooling tomorrow.
Industrial Blade in Santa Ana has also been suggested, but that's a longer drive into the Orange Crush traffic!
I'll let you know how it goes.

Dennis Yamamoto
03-01-2024, 2:52 AM
I have purchased several Lenox resaw blades including a Woodmaster CT 1.3 TPI from Industrial Blade in Santa Ana. The Woodmaster is either 27 or 54mm wide.