PDA

View Full Version : Cutech planer stopped feeding

Cathy Schaewe
02-25-2024, 5:47 PM
I’ve had my Cutech 13” planer for a number of years and it’s always run like a top.
I finally decided to change out the cutter heads, so I followed the procedure in the manual.
Now it no longer feeds. If I push the board through it planes, but it worked fine before changing the cutter heads. Anyone have any ideas?
I appreciate any thoughts.

Warren Lake
02-25-2024, 6:01 PM
you changed the cutting circle, now the rollers doing their job before are not. whats the difference in size in cutting heads.

Cathy Schaewe
02-25-2024, 7:15 PM
you changed the cutting circle, now the rollers doing their job before are not. whats the difference in size in cutting heads.
No difference. I should have said I rotated the cutters, rather than replacing them.
they have 2 cutting sides.

Steve Jenkins
02-25-2024, 7:25 PM
First thing on feed problems is to wax the bed.

Dave Sweeney
02-25-2024, 7:43 PM
First thing on feed problems is to wax the bed.

+1 No guarantee this will fix your issue but it's the easiest fix if that's what your issue is.

Maurice Mcmurry
02-25-2024, 8:02 PM
After tons of use my little Delta bench top planer would no longer feed. I covered the rollers with grip tape. I painted the rollers with contact cement prior to applying the grip tape. The planer was destined for the scrap bin so I gave the grip tape a try. So far so good! It is back in action. It was tricky to get the grip tape on just right.