PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen table

jack duren
02-12-2024, 12:01 PM
I’ve been searching Marketplace for a new kitchen table, well used but new to me. I’ve got a single oak pedestal on the current table and have a double. Oak pedestal down stairs I grab before the trash man got it down the street. I can reuse the hardware from my current table with a two foot leaf.

I’m trying convince myself to do a bunch of bends for the apron, etc…

Getting old sucks…..

I want to ask a question to CNC operator getting started in selling their work. Do they already or why haven’t they offered details wraps for kitchen table aprons. My table has a detailed designed going around the apron. Isn’t this something they could make and sell..

andrew whicker
02-12-2024, 12:26 PM
I don't think most CNC's have a lot of Z axis. Maybe I'm not picturing it very well, but seems like this project would eat up your Z axis pretty quickly.

Again, if I'm picturing this correctly (apron work) then the hold down would take some brain work since CNC's work on vacuum for hold down.

jack duren
02-12-2024, 1:42 PM
I would imagine it’s done on a 4x8 and ripped out . Imagine how many rips you get out of a sheet.

I worked for a company that bought into a Missouri furniture supplier. To get an account you had to buy $10k to start. I have nice chairs , but tye table is foreign

jack duren
02-12-2024, 2:07 PM
The apron is good and was screwed into the table top. I called a local shop about 5/4 and it’s $3.65 a foot. I may just salvage tye apron and just make a new top. Use the double pedestal.

John TenEyck
02-12-2024, 8:39 PM
Probably, if there were only a few common designs that could be scaled larger/smaller to fit the actual aprons. Too many combinations and permutations would make it a no-go in a hurry. I envision something made flat that the customer would glue to the aprons, whether straight or curved. Is that what you have in mind?

John

andrew whicker
02-12-2024, 9:23 PM
The apron is good and was screwed into the table top. I called a local shop about 5/4 and it’s $3.65 a foot. I may just salvage tye apron and just make a new top. Use the double pedestal.

Oh, I was picturing corner pieces pre bent.

jack duren
02-13-2024, 7:32 AM
I talked to wife about it. Of course she doesn’t understand any of it.