PDA

View Full Version : Creeker’s past week’s accomplishments

Rod Sheridan
02-12-2024, 9:02 AM
Hi everyone, it was the week of silly weather, we had a couple days of +12C, needless to say, the snow is gone.

The daffodils in the front garden are emerging, I’m worried that the return of winter weather will freeze them.

Diann’s sister is collecting maple sap now, far earlier than normal.

On a wood working front the kitchen looks like crazed squirrel was let loose with a sawzall, as I’ll running low voltage wiring to under cabinet lights on 3 walls.

Today the patching begins.

So what were you doing last week?

Yesterday was my birthday so I made tandoori chicken, curried potatoes and green beans for dinner, house smelled wonderful

Regards, Rod

Jim Becker
02-12-2024, 9:15 AM
'Hope you had a nice birthday, Rod. The meal sounds wonderful!

We're enjoying the nice warm "winter" for sure here. My Hellebores are blooming like crazy and some bulbs have green things starting to poke up just a little...I hope they wait a little longer, but will certainly welcome an early spring.

I spent time in the shop last week and this weekend working on a coffee table for our older daughter to match the kitchen table I made for her before my wrist surgery. More ash from the old property and more "cat theme" inlay. I should have a thread up in Woodworking Projects sometime this week on it. It's not a complicated project but it was manageable while I'm still in the recovery phase with the wrist...a so-called one board project with metal legs. :) I'm now considering what to work on next that's on my list. It mostly comes down to material handling, honestly.

Rod Sheridan
02-12-2024, 10:28 AM
Thanks Jim, receiving my SMC automatic birthday greeting made me smile as well.

I’m glad you’re recovering well and are enjoying some shop time. Modern medical capabilities often seem like magic.

Regards, Rod

Ron Selzer
02-12-2024, 11:35 AM
Rod
Happy Birthday late
Granddaughter's birthday today, 11yrs old
See Foot Doctor tomorrow morning, hopefully get stiches out.
Definitely need a release back to work, ran out of sick time last week. Work did cover medical insurance for the month, very big help.
Spent time looking at Medicare plans in case I am forced to retire. Have Part A now, more I read more confused I get. Would like to work 2 more yrs,
Ron
Ron