PDA

View Full Version : Test test test

Bob Jones 5443
02-10-2024, 11:58 PM
I’m new to using a coping jig. Today I ran my first part in the Rockler coping jig, with the tongue part of Freud 99-036 tongue & groove bit set.

All I can say is thank goodness for my Mast-R-Lift II router lift! It was the only part of the setup that was precise and predictable.

The other setup dimension was iffy at best: getting the fence position exactly tangent with the bit bearing. My router fence is a stout add-on that gets clamped to the Biesemeyer on my table saw extension. I had a heck of a time trying to nudge the heavy Beastmeyer just a few thou here and there. A coarse adjustment if there ever was one. It reminded me of bygone bit-height adjustments when all I had in the table was a PC 690 on its screw-thread height adjuster. There’s no way I’d try this with that lift method.

Like I say, I’m new at this, but it seems to me that I want the tongue to seat snugly into the bottom of the groove. That won’t happen if my tongues are a 1/4 mm short.

It’s making me think about some sort of micro-adjuster mechanism for the Biesemeyer.