PDA

View Full Version : Visit from a Creeker

Ian Barley
02-06-2006, 4:11 AM
It gets kinda lonely sometimes sitting all the way over here so I was very pleased when Larry Browning came to visit last saturday. Larry was over here on business and decided that a 2 hour train ride made me local enough to come to for a few hours. He got the guided tour of the shop and we got the chance to chat for an hour or so over lunch.

Just to prove that it happened - photo attached below. Thankfully in this shot we pretty much fill the frame (and yes I am doing the majority of that work) so that the disarray of the shop is not too evident.

Thanks for coming Larry and anybody else who is out this way - feel free to drop by.

John Bailey
02-06-2006, 4:58 AM
Good read Ian. However, I for one would like to see your shop. The fact that two Creekers can stand in your shop means it's not as messy as many. Good job Larry.

John

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-06-2006, 5:00 AM
Truly an international forum we have here!! :D

Larry Browning
02-06-2006, 6:18 AM
Well, now that I am back in the office I am able to access the internet again. I had a "quite lovely" visit with Ian on Saturday. The train ride through the English country side was also very enjoyable. Ian was a wonderful host and he really has done some very creative things with jigs and his shop layout. All designed to increase his production efficiency. He has pretty much set up a one man factory.
Ian, thanks again for being such a great host and for the delicious lunch.

Larry

John Bailey
02-06-2006, 6:53 AM
Ian,

I'm going to be in the London area for a wedding on 17/6/06. Don't know at this point if I'll have any free time, but if so, how close are you to London?

John

tod evans
02-06-2006, 6:59 AM
pretty cool guys, looks like you had a good time. .02 tod

Ian Barley
02-06-2006, 7:39 AM
Ian,

I'm going to be in the London area for a wedding on 17/6/06. Don't know at this point if I'll have any free time, but if so, how close are you to London?

John
John - depends where in London you are. My shop is in Woking which is about 30 miles west of Central London. Check in nearer the time - it would be great if it works out.

Karl Laustrup
02-06-2006, 8:45 AM
How kewel is this. Go to England and visit a "Creeker".

Glad it all worked out gentlemen.

Karl

John Miliunas
02-06-2006, 9:23 AM
Simply amazing how the Creek pulls so many people from all walks of life together! :) Me thinks you guys just may have had a real good get-together! I've yet to be disappointed in any fellow Creeker I've had the pleasure of meeting! :) :cool:

Tyler Howell
02-06-2006, 9:26 AM
Love those visits from Creekers.
Thanks for sharing.

Jim Becker
02-06-2006, 9:53 AM
That's great that Larry paid you a visit. And he got to see the "new" shop, rather than the cow barn... LOL :)

---
Free bonus avitars!

Peter Pedisich
02-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Ian & Larry,

That's great, getting to see other people's methods of work is interesting, not to mention chatting to someone with shared interests.

I hope to get some time to stop by Ian's shop on my visit at the end of this month.

Pete

Larry Browning
02-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Wow! Ian, looks like you may be pretty busy with shop tours for creekers in the coming months.

Larry Browning
02-06-2006, 10:26 AM
That's great that Larry paid you a visit. And he got to see the "new" shop, rather than the cow barn... LOL :)

---
Free bonus avitars!

Jim, Thx for the new avitar!

Keith Outten
02-06-2006, 12:33 PM
My number may be a bit out of date but the last time I checked I think we had Members in 21 countries.

lou sansone
02-06-2006, 12:51 PM
excellent to see those international visits..

lou

Richard Wolf
02-06-2006, 5:15 PM
Ian, great to finally see your mug, how about some pictures of your shop, now that we know you can post pics. No one cares about the mess!

Richard