PDA

View Full Version : Scroll saws

Eric Murphy
02-05-2006, 9:07 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about Bridgewood scroll saws? I don't see any mention of them on Wilke's website so I am guessing it is older. I am looking for an inexpensive scroll saw but if it is a piece of junk, I will pass.

Don Frambach
02-06-2006, 1:02 AM
Sorry I can't help but you might find what you need here:
Scrollsaw Association of the World

Moderator removed link to another public forum - Policy violation

Jim Davenport
02-06-2006, 8:49 AM
I didn't see Bridgewood saw listed when I did my research before buying my scroll saw. Dremel Was about the cheapest for a decent saw.
I ended up saving my money a little longer, and buying a "Refurbished" Dremel DW-788. I'm extremely pleased with it. If you want to do fine cutting with a scroll saw buy the best you can afford.
I previously had a Craftsman. That was an excerise in fustration, with vibration and a rough cut.

John Miliunas
02-06-2006, 9:17 AM
I didn't see Bridgewood saw listed when I did my research before buying my scroll saw. Dremel Was about the cheapest for a decent saw.
I ended up saving my money a little longer, and buying a "Refurbished" Dremel DW-788. I'm extremely pleased with it. If you want to do fine cutting with a scroll saw buy the best you can afford.
I previously had a Craftsman. That was an excerise in fustration, with vibration and a rough cut.

Hey Jim, can we assume you meant to say the "Dewalt" DW-788??? If so, you're right: One heckuva' nice scroll saw. IMHO, you have to go way, way higher in expense to get a better one! :) :cool:

Jim Davenport
02-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey Jim, can we assume you meant to say the "Dewalt" DW-788??? If so, you're right: One heckuva' nice scroll saw. IMHO, you have to go way, way higher in expense to get a better one! :) :cool:
OOOOOPS!!:rolleyes:
My two fingers got ahead of my thoughts I mean't Dewalt.

John Miliunas
02-06-2006, 10:43 AM
OOOOOPS!!:rolleyes:
My two fingers got ahead of my thoughts I mean't Dewalt.

Well...You're ONE finger ahead of Tod E.!!! :D :cool:

Bert Johansen
02-06-2006, 11:52 AM
I have the Dremel and it have been more than pleased with its performance. Solid, stable, vibration-free. And it is priced very competitively.
Bert

Richard Wolf
02-06-2006, 5:19 PM
Well...You're ONE finger ahead of Tod E.!!! :D :cool:

Correction; That's tod e.