PDA

View Full Version : Creeker’s Past Weeks Accomplishments

Rod Sheridan
01-22-2024, 10:36 AM
Hello everyone, the past week I have been working on 3 wall cabinets for the kitchen.

White termite vomit with red oak edge banding on visible edges.

The exposed surfaces will have attached Skaker style panels in red oak, same for the doors.

So, what have you been doing?

Regards, Rod

mike stenson
01-22-2024, 10:46 AM
Dimensioning. Well, rough dimensioning. It'll all sit stickered for a while.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Woodworking/Settle/i-zjc76zD/0/f4b7374a/XL/IMG_8778-XL.jpg

Jim Becker
01-22-2024, 11:19 AM
"White termite vomit with red oak edge banding on visible edges." :D :D :D ROFLOL!!

Quiet week for me...started PT, did some snow removal in the drive with the Big Orange Power Tool, changed a flat tire yesterday, generally stayed inside because of the cold snap. It's warming up this week and if I'm lucky, I'll get a little shop time to putter.

Michael Burnside
01-22-2024, 11:51 AM
Finished gluing the side board that I'm building. I posted about it here as I used a lot of Bessey gear (https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?307205-Bessey-K-Body-Accessories-In-Use&referrerid=250818)

Hopefully will build drawers and install slides this next weekend. Going to try the Rockler branded undermount and see how they perform.

Paul F Franklin
01-22-2024, 1:50 PM
I finally returned to working on the rolling laundry table that should have been finished ages ago. Fixed the bonehead mistakes I made last time I worked on it last fall and after some time figuring out where I left off and what to do next (I really need to start keeping notes so when I get interrupted I can get back in the groove without a lot of wasted time!) I got back at it. Also working on bathroom remodel design.

Robert Hayward
01-22-2024, 4:12 PM
I finished up a replica of a 1960's, maybe 70's school desk I have been working on for two weeks in spare time. I added a hummingbird router inlay that was not part of the original desk. At least not at the schools I went to. Delivered the desk this morning.

Bruce Wrenn
01-22-2024, 8:30 PM
Fixed flat tire on Van. Finally after being sick, got enough strength back to start cutting up 100' pine that fell across the driveway a couple weeks ago. Previously I had only been able to cut up enough for vehicles to pass. Got out log splitter and split cut up sections so they can dry. I will put them out by road with a sign "Free fire pit wood." Based upon past experiences, it will all be gone in a couple hours. Fixed two kinds of soup for luncheon honoring a couple at church who had the seniors over for soup every January. Due to cold, tried to stay inside as much as possible. Wife is still recovering from her bout with the flu.

Tom M King
01-22-2024, 8:52 PM
Redoing a green fiberglass shower in a rental house. I redid a green fiberglass bathtub in that house a couple of years ago into an accessible shower. This one will be too. We have 100% repeat customers each year from people in wheelchairs. We don't really need another accessible shower, but while I'm into it, might as well.

I have no idea why they used fiberglass tubs and showers in this house with the rest of the bathrooms done in pretty good quality tile.

This house is on a slab and they built up the tile bathroom floors on another inch thick bed of mud. I have no idea why, but it gave me enough room to get a slope down to the drain.

I have it all torn out, and waiting on Pam to get the tile for the floor before I start building the sloping floor bed. It's going from a 4' fiberglass shower with barely enough room to turn around in with a built in seat, to a 4x6 with a big rain head in the ceiling and another wand. I'm using two separte controls rather than one and a diverter. I'll re case that window with Corian stool and jambs.

That's the last room in that house that needs a new ceiling, so it will get beaded board and crown molding just put up over the stained popcorn sheetrock.

At least the demo is done.

Rod Sheridan
01-23-2024, 12:44 PM
"White termite vomit with red oak edge banding on visible edges." :D :D :D ROFLOL!!

Glad to provide some entertainment Jim.

Sounds like you're healing well from surgery..........Regards, Rod.