PDA

View Full Version : Remodelling a door..

steven c newman
01-21-2024, 9:16 AM
Of the Tool Cabinet....because..
This was a mess....hangers weren't doing the job....some were just a couple screws

Found these at Wall E World....about $3 or so each..
Thought I could use the bench vise to squeeze some of them a bit tighter....and also toss the 2 screws that came with each hanger....too hard to start, and way too long..

Main goal was to gather 80% of the Eggbeater drills into one location...instead of all over the shop....I have 2 BIG eggbeaters that won't fit in the door...like that GP No. 5A in the first picture....those 2 will go over with the Brace drills, later..

Took a while,,,bend a hanger to fit a drill, mark the spot to hang it up...drive 2 screws..move over a bit, repeat..The 2 Pilot Hole Drills were doubled up onto one hanger by themselves. Still had a couple hangers left....good place to put the hammers? Left the 3oz ball pean on 2 screws..

Finished up door ( for now)..
Not too sure WHAT will go into the big empty area..yet.....need to go back and buy enough of these hangers to hang the Brace drills up, and the 2 HUGE Eggbeaters..

Stay tuned...

This and spending an hour to replace the lockset on the Bathroom door...

steven c newman
01-23-2024, 12:09 PM
Trip to Wall E World this morning...out of stuff for Waffles, out of cold meat....out of Chips to snack on

Also, bought the last 2 hangers like I used the other day...and went ahead and bought the entire box of similar hangers.....and the last 4" spring clamp...

Because...after the glue-up is set aside for the day...that entire "rack" of brace drills is getting an overhaul...with the new hangers,,,still have a Millers Falls No. 2-01, and a Goodell Pratt Co. No. 5-1/2 to hang up, as well...

Should be an entertaining day...about like watching Mo, Curly, and Shemp...?

steven c newman
01-23-2024, 4:05 PM
Hangers bought..
Demo'd out the old rack, and started to install new hangers..
A big empty spot, soon to be filled up..
Had to hang the drills in a different order, as some wanted to hit those square down below...the 2 bendable hanger were for the 2 larger Eggbeater drills...and one had a LONG side handle that also needed stowed away..
which left one hanger to use..hmmm..
Removed the small ball pean hammer, install the last hanger, and hang up the long armed Cutting gauge...still needed a parking spot for the 32oz Mallet..
I think will do nicely.....I first used this type of hanger..
Goodell Pratt Breast Drill was too big to store IN the Tool Cabinet...

Had some other spots to fix up...more on that, later.....stay tuned..

steven c newman
01-24-2024, 3:44 PM
I checked over at Lowes, today..to see IF they had any hangers like these......Nope! They sell a different "System"....They are more of a Peg Board or Slot Board...where you also have to buy the board for them to work..

Will wait to see IF Wall E World restocks those hangs...

David Carroll
01-24-2024, 4:06 PM
Those look like they work great! I got hangers like that from Amazon a couple of years ago to organize garden tools. They weren't black like the ones you have, but the pattern was the same.

Looks nice and organized!

DC