PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks 21 Steelers 17

Scott Donley
02-05-2006, 1:33 PM
Now they don't even have to play since I already know the outcome ! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-05-2006, 1:36 PM
Scott......I hope you're right but I think it'll end in one of 2 ways.........1) one team won't show up and it'll be a blowout or 2) it'll be a 3 points or less spread.........I think it'll be a tougher game than most are giving it credit!

Bruce Page
02-05-2006, 1:49 PM
I think you got it backwards. :D

Jim Young
02-05-2006, 2:09 PM
I think you got it backwards. :DhE definitely has the wrong team ahead, but do you thing the Seahawks will actually reach 17 points?

Scott Donley
02-05-2006, 2:15 PM
hE definitely has the wrong team ahead, but do you thing the Seahawks will actually reach 17 points?Maybe not in the first quarter :) :)

Jerry Olexa
02-05-2006, 3:12 PM
Steelers have been underdogs in every one of their playoff games and have won them all on the road. Now they are favored by most and a 2 week layoff. They are playing well in a stronger division. I predict Steelers by 10 (possibly 14)

Keith Starosta
02-05-2006, 3:22 PM
The Bus ain't gonna let the hometown crowd down.....

-Keith

Roger Bailey
02-05-2006, 3:23 PM
Steelers 34 Seahawks 31. I think it will be a shoot out and last one with the ball winning.

Michael Gibbons
02-05-2006, 3:42 PM
Well we had a little snow overnight so maybe they'll cancel the game due to weather?

Tim Morton
02-05-2006, 4:49 PM
I don't think the Steelers will even make it close...Seattle by at least 21...and I would not be surprised if it is over by the half...

Christopher Pine
02-05-2006, 4:52 PM
On the record I guess I predict that steelers will win by 3...

Chris

Jim O'Dell
02-05-2006, 6:14 PM
There's a football game today????? ;) Jim.

Christopher Pine
02-05-2006, 8:45 PM
The offensive pass interferance call on Seattle was ridiculous! This is the superbowl! Let them play!

Definately the Pittsburg QB was in! There is no doubt he broke the plane!

Chris

Frank Chaffee
02-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Seahawks 21 Steelers 17
Well Scott,
You almost had your scores reversed.
Frank

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
No he did not, he was close, but no cigar.

This has to be the WORST officiated game I've seen in a long time, and the WORST officiated Super Bowl in history, even the ABC commentators were saying so!

I did not really care which team won, I'm not mad at the Steelers, I'm POed at the clowns in stripes, what a joke.

To even make the "fumble" call on the Hawks when the QB's knee was down before the ball hit the ground and the ground caused the ball to pop loose, to have to have the Hawks challenge that?

Better check to see where the refs go on vacation after the game, and on who's private jet.

I want to watch a football game, you know 11 against 11, not this 12th man crap.

I tell you I'm so POed at the refs for tilting the game so far like they did with BS calls. Every time the Hawks did some thing right, "FLAG!" called back for "Holding" utter crap. I used to play football, right up to collage, and I was a ref for a few years for the kids leagues, and as a ref, you can call "Holding" on every single play, if you want to, that is why all the "Holding" calls against only ONE team shows a bias, or a slant.

Utter crap.

Congrats to the Steelers, I'm sorry for the Hawks, and the refs should hide their heads in shame.

My two lousy yens worth.....

Frank Chaffee
02-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Yikes!!!
Sure am glad I don’t have a TV.
Frank

Christopher Pine
02-05-2006, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan]
. I used to play football, right up to collage,

??????? College ? YOu can't even spell it!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PLease don't hit me I am just joking!!!!:D

02-05-2006, 11:06 PM
How about this, I have a TV, but TV in Japan is so bad, I VERY rarely watch TV. This is probably the first time in a month that I've watched TV, and I tell you, it almost went out the 7th floor window!

I should stick to woodworking, what a crappy way to start my week, only half my lathe shows up, and I get to watch a master piece in poor officiating.

Again, understand, I'm not holding anything against the Steelers, they played well, that Razzle Dazzle Fake reverse play to Randle El and then the pass to Wade for the touch down had me jumping on the sofa, I love that kind of stuff, great call!

What I'm not happy about is the 12th man was in the game, to the point that now all we will hear about is the "What Ifs".....

I would much rather see the game decided by the 11 players on each team on the field, and let the 12th man watch the clock etc.

THAT is what make my blood boil.

If the Steelers had beat the Hawks straight up, with out any "What Ifs" then that is fine by me, great game, fun to watch and all of that, but once the 12th man is there helping one team, well it SMELLS BAD.

Now I have to go to work.....:mad:

02-05-2006, 11:10 PM
I used to play football, right up to collage

??????? College ? YOu can't even spell it!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PLease don't hit me I am just joking!!!!:D
Well at least I know how to use the "Quote" function ;) my fat old fingers flying too fast for the brain to catch up...

I actually went to University, but at 6' tall and 225lbs, I was WAY too small for the team there... :o

Don Baer
02-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Stu,
Sorry you feel the way you do about the outcome but the resuts are in. Professonal sprorts are like that, there are winners and there are loosers. I saw some play on both side that I felt were questionable but thats what the sport is all about.

Jerry Olexa
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Hate to gloat but: 11 pt victory for Steelers (I said above 10). Anyway, poorly played game. Mistakes on both sides. A few big plays and disputed calls. That interception by Seattle on 3yd line and later score I thought would turn game around but Steelers still won when they played IMHO their B game. Big Ben's passing was off. Steeler D was good. And the Bus retired.:)

02-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks Don, but there is no need to feel sorry for me, really, I understand about the whole "Nature of Sports", even armature sports are like that, I know, I played a lot of them.

If you try your best and you lose, that is fine, but when you do your best, and you are cheated, sorry, the just sticks in my craw.

02-05-2006, 11:16 PM
And the Bus retired.:)

I feel great for the Bus, what a way to go out, what a way to end your career. :D

Jerry Olexa
02-05-2006, 11:18 PM
I don't think the Steelers will even make it close...Seattle by at least 21...and I would not be surprised if it is over by the half...

Tim: No comment. :) I think you're still upset N.E. is not in there.:) You can't have a dream year every year. We were a bit lucky. glad Theo is Back...

Scott Donley
02-06-2006, 12:21 AM
I give up :( This just goes to show us that wishfull thinking has no bearing on the outcome of a Game :)

Tim Morton
02-06-2006, 7:23 AM
Tim: No comment. :) I think you're still upset N.E. is not in there.:) You can't have a dream year every year. We were a bit lucky. glad Theo is Back...

I don't think either team played well enough to ce considered World Champs. Seattle had every chance to blow the game open in the beginning, but the combination of penalties and missed opportunites kind of killed them. And to think that "ben" is the QB of the super bowl champs...OMG...he was terrible!!!!! IMO both teams were awful....and yes so was the officiating...

Anyway...yes i was wrong...wrong wrong.....:D :D :D

Jason Roehl
02-06-2006, 8:43 AM
Yep. I gotta say that was one of the worst outings for the officials in the NFL that I've seen in quite some time. I think some heads will roll, but we won't hear about it, but I think there will be some officials doing games in Siberia pretty soon. :D

I was doing a fair amount of "pausing live TV" with the ol' DVR, so I can say this about three of the alleged bad calls:

The end-zone pass interference call: the push-off didn't look like much, but it definitely allowed the Seattle player to accelerate, and it caused the defender to slow down, just not much. I think it was a close call, but a right one.

Ben got in. This could have gone either way, and I don't think it could have been overturned either way. Closest call I've ever seen since they started putting a camera on the goal line.

The ground CAN cause a fumble, if a defender does not touch the ball carrier. The Steeler barely touched the Seahawk, so technically, the Seahawk was down by contact. From any of the refs points-of-view, the touch was not obvious, so while it wasn't the correct call, it was properly overturned. But, if the Steeler had not touched the Seahawk, it would have been a fumble, so it wasn't a bad thing to let the play go. Replay worked well in this case. I actually think that the Seahawk was going down already when he was touched, so he's lucky that hand got stuck out there.

I think the Steelers deserved it in the end, not necessarily because of this game, but as much because of how they got there. No, their "stars" didn't show up, but they kept their effort up until the end of the game. I think Holmgren did a lousy job coaching, particularly at the end of the first half, and I think the Madden and Michaels were right that they should have gone for the field goal first, then the onside kick when time was short at the end. Poor game-time coaching IMHO.

Oh, looky there...it's Monday morning! :D ;) :eek: :cool:

If I were a betting man, I would've given the birds 7 points. What was the line on the game?

Brian Parker
02-06-2006, 9:48 AM
I think that you must have been adding somethig extra to that coffee out there. It was a good game to watch and need I say that We are the the Champions!!! (Insert queens song here). I'll be a sport and invite you up for the parade tomorrow to celebrate the victory :D.

On a side note they need to make it a rule that in the city that wins people get the day off. 3 hours of sleep and one whale of a hangover later and still smiling.

Now they don't even have to play since I already know the outcome ! :)

Brian Parker
02-06-2006, 9:52 AM
Tim, I'll just put you on the list aong with those whiney people from Ohio who were hanging banners on their overpasses saying that the Steelers suck. We might have something in common with liking woodworking but beware of the Steeler Nation cuz old Tom Brady is home with the Mannings sharing a box of Kleenex.

I don't think either team played well enough to ce considered World Champs. Seattle had every chance to blow the game open in the beginning, but the combination of penalties and missed opportunites kind of killed them. And to think that "ben" is the QB of the super bowl champs...OMG...he was terrible!!!!! IMO both teams were awful....and yes so was the officiating...

Anyway...yes i was wrong...wrong wrong.....:D :D :D

Jerry Olexa
02-06-2006, 11:31 AM
If I were a betting man, I would've given the birds 7 points. What was the line on the game?

Before the game it was Steelers by 4

Jerry Olexa
02-06-2006, 11:35 AM
I must agree it was poorly played, poorly coached (at times) and officiating was sub par. Should have been a good game. Both teams made BIG mistakes (I can't believe the pass Ben threw on the 3 yd line leading to a Int and a score). Super Bowls are usually dissapointing (the game itself). This time, even the TV ads and half time show were poor. Oh Well on to March madness..

David Fried
02-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Without a TV I didn't see the game but it sounds like I didn't miss much. I did go out to pick my son up from a friends house where I did get to watch the half-time show and see the first half highlight reel. Sounds like I saw the best part!

Dave Fried

Scott Donley
02-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I think that you must have been adding somethig extra to that coffee out there. Whatever it was, it must not have been as good as the stuff the reffs were drinking before the game ! :)

Lee DeRaud
02-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Without a TV I didn't see the game but it sounds like I didn't miss much. I did go out to pick my son up from a friends house where I did get to watch the half-time show and see the first half highlight reel. Sounds like I saw the best part!I'm adding that quote to my "Diminished Expectations" file.:p

Even though the right team won, except for about three plays the game itself was about as exciting as a freestyle Sudoku tournament. And you'd think that for the kind of money they were paying the Stones, somebody would have at least considered doing a sound-check before the game: sounded like the audio feed was coming from a microphone out at one of the concession stands.

Jim Barrett
02-06-2006, 9:05 PM
being a Seahawk fan I was very disappointed. The Seahawks are a much better team then they displayed. Pittsburgh is a good team, they were better than Seattle yesterday. The Seahawks had plenty of opportunities to win...they just did not execute...end of story!
Jim

Larry Klaaren
02-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Indy's also a better team than they showed against the Steelers. But don't good teams keep the opponent from playing their game? I think we saw that on both sides last night.

In the end, you have to congratulate the Steelers. I did kind of feel like a couple of calls took the wind out of the Hawks sails. But that is the game. The replays did show that the controversial calls were close ones (at least the ones that weren't overturned.)

In Indy's case, most people here feel like the five weeks without having to get a win, plus the emotional wallop the team took on James Dungy's death put the team and the coaching staff in a place where they really weren't ready to play. But then, a good team takes away your game and the Steelers were on a roll at the end of the year.

That's MHO,
Larry

Fred Dorn
02-06-2006, 11:24 PM
The game just showed that Holmgren still doesn't know how to manage the clock. Both at the end of the first half and at the end of the game.