PDA

View Full Version : Creeker’s Past Week’s Accomplishments

Rod Sheridan
01-08-2024, 9:49 AM
Hello everyone, hopefully you’re enjoying lots of shop time.

Most of my week was spent with my youngest daughter at our house, along with her two dogs.

Most of my shop time was spent helping my niece repair her mom’s new condo.

In the shop I only installed trim, lighting and a piece of pegboard under my new wall cabinet.

So what did you do last week?

Regards, Rod

Bryan Hunt
01-08-2024, 11:02 AM
I got our new 5 panel door for the master bedroom out of the spray booth and installed.
I filled some knots and cracks in the Hard Maple cornhole boards I'm working on for a buddy.
I started an experiment on the CNC doing an epoxy inlaid Texas flag.

Jim Becker
01-08-2024, 11:10 AM
Spent a little time in the shop this past week doing some additional sharpening including flattening the back and touching up the new 2" Narex chisel I added to my collection for various paring uses. I also did routine maintenance on my MM16 bandsaw, cleaning it up, replacing the old-original foam stripping on the inside of the doors (dated back to 2004 and was shot) and installing a new .5" Lenox band so it's ready to work when I'm able to get back to that. Soon, I hope...cast finally comes off tomorrow after a few days delay due to the provider suddenly not being available this past Friday. I have SO many projects bouncing around in my head!!

Cameron Wood
01-08-2024, 1:06 PM
Got the legs made and a test fit before painting of the butcher block counter extension. Good thing as they changed the color desired.

Quite a bit of shop cleaning and sorting. I finally found a box of hinges a day after giving up and buying some replacements- does that ever happen to you?

The 8" jointer is situated with bolt-on wheels to replace a poorly sized mobile base, and the 6" one sold for more than twice the cost of the 8".

I had got a broken portable jobsite tablesaw for free as a back up- same 10" Makita as I use. A motor brush had overheated & melted the plastic housing. I had gotten the replacement part, & now completed a tricky wiring bit & put it back together. I hope this doesn't mean the the main saw will now break down.

Paul F Franklin
01-08-2024, 4:29 PM
Cameron, I've often said the best way to find something you've misplaced is to buy another one ;)

I finished the table tennis blade for my BIL and sent it on its way. Anxious to hear how he likes it, but it will take a week to get to him. For the first time making one, including first time making shop made plywood, I was pleased with how it came out. Since he and my Sis also play pickleball, I also sent them one of the PB themed cheese/charcuterie/cutting boards I made a few weeks back.

Here are a couple pics. Of course I forgot to take one after I glued the rubbers on....