PDA

View Full Version : Festool Vac Hose Hanger

Matt Meiser
02-05-2006, 1:32 PM
Frank Pellow told me about Festool's hose hanger accessory for the CT 22 Vac. Its not terribly expensive, about $28, but I thought to my self that I could make one much cheaper. I ended up with about $5 in it. I found that a piece of 1/4" threaded rod fit perfectly in the hole on the vac. I put a nut on the threaded rod with about 1/4" of the rod sticking through the nut, then soldered a 1/4" ID x 1" long steel sleeve ($2 at Lowes) on top of the nut. I then used my dad's ring roller to put some loops on some 1/4" steel rod ($3 at Lowes) The threaded rod/sleeve piece will stay in the vac and the rest will lift off for easy transport.

Jim Becker
02-05-2006, 1:53 PM
Very slick, Matt! Can you show us a pic of the device you used to "roll the bends"?

Bob Marino
02-05-2006, 1:55 PM
Good job, Matt. Very innovative!!

Bob

Matt Meiser
02-05-2006, 1:58 PM
Here's a link on Harbor Freight's site: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=36790

The picture's not great, but basically it rolls the piece between 3 rollers. The top roller pushes down with the two bottom rollers push up, causing the piece to roll into a circle. I might get one next time they put it on sale and have a 20% off coupon at the same time.

Peter Pedisich
02-05-2006, 5:35 PM
and your looks taller than the stock one...very handy.

Frank Pellow
02-05-2006, 7:42 PM
Looks good Matt! I wish that I had thought of making my own. And, Peter, you are correct -Matt's is taller than the one that I purchased from Festool.