PDA

View Full Version : Hammer A31

Dan Richeson
01-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Hello

I bought a new hammer jointer planner and not the happiest with it as it was way out of adjustment. They give you about zero instructions on how to adjust it. I have talked to them a few times and they are very nice but being a weekend warrior its hard to be at home when they call. I'm getting too much snipe on the forward edge of the board. He said I need to adjust the front roller down some. I remove the covers that show the adjusting bolts but I'm not sure what needs to be loosened first. I just don't want to make things worst. I wish they would put out videos showing you how to adjust your 5K machine. Any pictures would be great, Thanks

Steve Wurster
01-07-2024, 12:03 PM
I still get some snipe on my A3-31 but it's not usually enough to bother me. That said, I haven't yet tried these instructions here: https://lancesworkbench.conryclan.com/2019/04/removing-snipe-on-my-hammer-a3-31-whilst-thicknessing/

Jacques Gagnon
01-07-2024, 12:20 PM
Dan,

Here are two files that are extracted from a Felder/Hammer document I found about two years ago. It should help you get a feel for how to address your problem. The document covers many Hammer machines and I have only extracted what seemed pertinent to your question.

I hope this helps,

Jacques

Erik Loza
01-07-2024, 12:26 PM
Dan, it’s been a few years since I worked for Felder but I clearly remember Felder USA coming out with some adjustment documents in 2019 or 2020. Like, a series of half a dozen pdfs that addressed common adjustments like what you are mentioning. Your Felder rep should be able tosend them.

Erik

Dan Richeson
01-08-2024, 6:59 PM
thank you for the help , great site here

Rod Sheridan
01-09-2024, 8:17 AM
Hi Dan, look for Felder TV on YouTube, Felder have videos there showing you exactly adjust you machine, regards, Rod

P.S if you’re still stuck, PM me

Bill McNiel
01-12-2024, 8:56 PM
Dan,
Back in 2017-2018 there were multiple posts regarding set-up & tuning of Hammer/Felder JPs. Brian Arbuckle provided several well written, with photos, posts. Search this forum for them,