PDA

View Full Version : Multi Router New style templates

Mark e Kessler
01-06-2024, 9:51 AM
Has anyone used the new style Woodpecker templates for the MR? if so what are your thoughts, I have the older style MR and while it's great for oddball stuff it was never that great with the templates and got rid of them long ago. I have the PR as well and thinking of getting rid of one of them mostly due to space constraints. I mostly only do slotting, m&t type stuff and not all the other joinery type stuff on these.

Richard Coers
01-06-2024, 12:50 PM
Has anyone used the new style Woodpecker templates for the MR? if so what are your thoughts, I have the older style MR and while it's great for oddball stuff it was never that great with the templates and got rid of them long ago. I have the PR as well and thinking of getting rid of one of them mostly due to space constraints. I mostly only do slotting, m&t type stuff and not all the other joinery type stuff on these.
No idea about the templates, but I never used them on my Multi-Router for decades. I run long sticks of the floating tenon stock and once I like the thickness of the stock, I run about 3 times what I need and keep it on hand. I can't remember when I bought the Multi-Router, maybe 40+ years? Never had a failed joint with floating tenons.