PDA

View Full Version : jet jwbs20 -20 " bandsaw good or bad

tim mathis
02-05-2006, 11:51 AM
found this for 1499.00 delivered to terminal . does anyone know of problems or positive things. thanks. tim m.

tod evans
02-05-2006, 12:17 PM
welcome tim! never driven that saw, sorry.....02 tod

Byron Trantham
02-05-2006, 1:04 PM
Welcome Tim. Try doing a search on the Creek for your saw.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-05-2006, 1:26 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tim! I'm sure one or more members probably have that saw. Hang for a reply! Again....Welcome to the Creek!

Jim Becker
02-05-2006, 1:41 PM
Tim, welcome.

I honestly haven't seen more than one or two other posts over time on that particular saw, so if you don't get a lot of response to your question, that will likely be the reason. $1500 for a 20" saw isn't a bad price, but I believe this is the older design introduced in about 2001 or 2002 if my memory serves me. Jet's earlier Euro-style saws were not always reviewed too highly, particularly the 18" version...which they recently updated based on a mini-review in one of the magazines I saw recently. 2hp could also be a little underpowered if your cutting needs are heavier...their new 18" saw now has a 3hp motor, for example, and most of the machines from Euro sources start at about 3.5hp or greater. One nice feature of this saw (and the 18") is the inclusion of roller guides at no extra charge. These aren't the best for the very narrow blades, but are liked by many woodworkers, otherwise.

You may want to take a look at similar sized saws from Grizzly and Bridgewood just for contrast to check specs against, etc.

John Bailey
02-05-2006, 1:42 PM
Welcome to the Creek Tim. I don't have a bandsaw, but there are a lot of folks who do. You'll get good advice here.

John

JayStPeter
02-05-2006, 4:22 PM
They had one in the WoodCraft shop I used to rent some time in. Seems most people, including the staff, liked it.

Jay