PDA

View Full Version : Need old K&V flipper door hinge

Tom Linton
01-01-2024, 1:06 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to find a replacement for an old (maybe 30 years) Knape & Vogt 35 mm flipper door hinge (just one hinge, not the sliders or the attachment mount). The replacement doesn't have to be Knape & Vogt.

Does anyone have suggestions as to where to look? I've googled and looked on eBay but can't find anything. There used to be a service on cabinetparts.com that would help matching hinges based on photos, but this seems to be defunct now. Something like that would be great.

Of course one option is to replace the entire flipper mechanism with a new one but in this case that would require a major disassembly and reconstruction (and possibly destruction!) of the closet - a poor design that makes it impossible to fix!

Suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
Tom

Jamie Buxton
01-01-2024, 2:59 PM
A pic of the hinge might be helpful.

Tom Linton
01-02-2024, 11:51 AM
Here are a couple of pics. The hinge looks like a standard European style overlay hinge. The thing that has changed in the newer hinges is the way the hinge attaches to the mount plate: (1) these older hinges have an open slot that slides onto a screw onto the mount plate instead of having a clip and (2) the older hinge has a ball-shaped mount post (see the second pic). All I really need is the ball-shaped mount post. Someone replaced the one on this hinge with a newer cylindrical one. If I could get that ball-shaped mount post I could continue using the old hinge.