PDA

View Full Version : New shop tool Wish List

Ned Bulken
02-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm going to be setting up a new shop in the next few months, building my mini-shop structure (compared to where I am now and simply small in footprint period at only 12x16 on the main floor 12x8 in the loft) and I'm starting a list of things I'm going to need to buy on my own, vs sharing w/ my partner John. I'm amazed at just how little I have (hey, this could be a good thing, I'll have 'lots of room' right?)

Current Tools:
Ridgid 3612 TS
9'' workbench (needs dog holes and probably some adjustments to fit in the new floorplan)
Dewalt 734 Planer
Delta 10" CMS
Workmate
Benchtop Workmate
Some hand planes: #4, 5, 7 and a Block Plane
2 Hand saws
Porter Cable 693VS kit
Black & Decker 18V Cordless Drill/driver
Jet 3/4 hp DC with LOTS of 4" black flex hose (more than I'll ever need... anyone need some? let me know)
A few clamps of various sizes, F-clamps mostly, plus a set of Pipe Clamps (need pipe though)

My plan is to put up the shell, get it weather tight and then put in Power, lights, windows, insulation etc...

Once it is weathertight and lighted, I'll work on insulating as the summer progresses, but I"ll also be buying some new tools, in no particular order:

G0555 w/ riser plus some twolf blades
16" Delta VS Scrollsaw
Benchdog Router table insert for the TS (Thanks In Advance Mark!)
A bigger DC, Cyclone if I can swing the frieght, at least 2hp either way
A pancake compressor w/ brad gun (ponka ponka)
A Kreg Jig kit
A ROS,
A Mini Lathe
Slow Speed Grinder
Sanding Station belt/disc combo machine, either benchtop or stand-alone
Jointer ** maybe ** I may just drag my knuckles awhile for flattening boards, and use a sled on the TS to get straight edges for panel glue ups
More Clamps! (speaking of Glue ups)
A Shop Vac (medium sized) for both the shop and the house.

Those ought to keep me busy til winter, by which time I ought to have a heat source picked out and installed also.

I'm mostly going to be doing some scrollsaw work, turning, and maybe knock together another couple of kitchen cabinets etc... for the house.
what with the 'new shop ideas' threads lately, I thought I would share my plans, hope they inspire someone who may be on the fence to just Do what they're thinking about.