PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox W1811 or Grizzly G0623x setup help needed

Jinesh Parekh
12-27-2023, 3:19 PM
Hello fellow wood working community!

This is Jinesh from Ontario, Canada. Recently got my Shop Fox 10" sliding TS, which is similar to Grizzly G0623x. Facing installation issues for the following items so far:
1 - Fence lock mechanism doesn't slide smoothly
2 - The sliding table cannot be leveled to the cast iron table
3 - the extension tables have a bend in the middle

No YT help. the user manual is trash.

Let me know if someone who has experience in installing either of these 2 TS. We can do a whatsapp video call on +1 6473335220.

Any help is appreciated.

Bryan Hall
12-27-2023, 3:43 PM
I've got the shop fox version, love it, but for the 2k price I paid I can't complain about some of the issues you are citing:

1. Fence lock mechanism was never super smooth for me.

2. The sliding table should sit a hair high of the cast iron.

3. Is it an extreme bend? Or, an annoying bend. I don't think mine are perfect either but it doesn't affect my performance. I considered replacing the outfeed with a DIY larger version.

Love the saw though, life changer for me despite it lacking the beauty of the better brands.

Jinesh Parekh
12-27-2023, 4:12 PM
thanks for the quick reply Bryan. Atleast can you guide me on following:
1 - how to atleast make it glide? not able to do that at all
2 - how to raise the sliding table to match or hair above the cast iron height?

Bryan Hall
12-27-2023, 6:00 PM
1. Do you mean you can't move it at all?

2. I've never adjusted mine but I'll take a look.

Jinesh Parekh
12-27-2023, 6:22 PM
1 - I can only move it one direction, the fence lock doesn't glide back towards the saw.
2 - the levelling is not easy tbh.

Richard Coers
12-27-2023, 6:26 PM
See page 27 in the manual for the fence, and use this post for the slider adjustment. https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?254244-Grizzly-G0623x-Sliding-Table-Parallelism-Adjustment-Frustrations
I don't have the machine, but my Google skills are fine.

Ronald Blue
12-27-2023, 9:22 PM
I typed in Grizzly G0623X in YT and there appears to be several videos on set up along with some that are reviews. I am not going to watch them because I am not trying to set up a machine. Looking at the manual it seems to tell you how to make the adjustments.

Bryan Hall
12-29-2023, 3:09 PM
I checked mine again and the bolts to raise and lower the slider were open to view in front of and behind the main cabinet. As far as the fence goes, I'm still confused as to whats holding you back on that one.