PDA

View Full Version : Another old carcass (pics)

Dale Thompson
02-04-2006, 10:37 PM
from ANOTHER old carcass!! :(

Hi Folks,
I just wanted you all to know that I wasn't scared by those freaky posts on the "Turner's Forum". :) Even with the threat of the "bomb" hanging over my head, I bravely stayed in the shop and kept making my favorite project - scrap.! ;)

As some of you may recall, I made a "Scrapbooking Cabinet" and a "Paper Storage Tower" for my daughter within the past couple of years. Anyway, with that said, she is no longer asking for stuff. She is DEMANDING that I make her other stuff to match the previously mentioned junk. ;)

For example, "Dad, you WILL make me a printer/scanner cabinet for my scrapbooking room! Next to the other things that you made, my printer stand looks STUPID!! In addition, I want it NOW and I want it to match PRECISELY!!"! :eek:

Her 12", nine cartridge printer will sit on the top. The next layer is a pull-out desk top for her to work out her mistakes. I told her that I didn't make mistakes so I wouldn't need that desktop. :) After losing 4 of my remaining 9 teeth, I agreed to the desktop. ;)

The next level is for her scanner. She has a double engineering degree and measured her scanner at 6" high by 22" deep. The REAL dimensions were 4 1/2 by 18". EGADS!! I would have said something but I only have a few teeth left! :o

Whatever, the rest of the cabinet is comprised of miscellaneous drawers and a file drawer. The lower right is for paper storage. The individual shelves will have finger grips on them but, before I cut them, I will have to retrieve a couple of fingers from my dust collector. :( HMMMM! I hope that I haven't emptied it recently!

Lastly, the doors will cover everything except for the pull-out desktop. That is, unless I made them too small like I did the last seven times! :o

I'll update this thing when it gets closer to becoming firewood!!

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-04-2006, 10:58 PM
I haven't had this problem before. I'm working on it!

Dale T.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-04-2006, 11:31 PM
That's OK Dale, the commentary is worth the price of addmission! :D

David Fried
02-05-2006, 12:37 AM
I haven't had this problem before. I'm working on it!

Dale T.

Not sure if I'm ready for pics of your old carcass :eek: :eek:
I'm still trying to erase the image of Tyler in a thong.

Dave Fried

Philip Duffy
02-05-2006, 5:15 AM
Why not buy her one machine that does it all and save yourself 5x the work??

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Life ain't easy for a boy named Dale!! :( :confused: ;)

Dale T.

Byron Trantham
02-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Life ain't easy for a boy named Dale!! :( :confused: ;)

Dale T.

Dale, you think life is easy for a boy named Byron? Think again!:D One boy plus one girl equals "Say what!?", "You got to be kidding!" "And just how am I supposed to do that?":confused: :D :(

Homer Faucett
02-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Very Nicely done! Great pics, too! How did you get the pics to post? I tried far too long, only to be unsuccessful. I've posted pics on lots of other bulletin boards/message boards, but this one doesn't seem to want to work. What's the trick?

Frank Chaffee
02-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Dale,
That is a very beautifully designed and built cabinet. Excellent work!
Frank

Jerry Olexa
02-05-2006, 3:34 PM
Dale good looking job...Make a few mistakes in your next one so she'll stop asking for more...Great results..

Ken Fitzgerald
02-05-2006, 3:39 PM
As usual Dale....Great work! Question?..........How does she manage to wrap your "Old Carcass" around her fingers so many times?:confused: :eek: :D I understand "Dad"!

Karl Laustrup
02-05-2006, 3:46 PM
PESH!

Figured I might have to get your attention in case the battery in your hearing aid was bad. ;) :D PPPPFFFFTTTTT!!

That is looking really nice. The thought process involved designing and then building such a wonderful piece amazes me. That should keep you warm for quite a while, but isn't it too big for the fireplace?

I would request that you let me know when you are planning on delivering the above piece of furniture to your daughter. Also, the route you plan on taking. I think that would be wonderful in our new house office. I know exactly where it will fit. Your daughter wouldn't miss it, would she??

Karl

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 7:53 PM
Very Nicely done! Great pics, too! How did you get the pics to post? I tried far too long, only to be unsuccessful. I've posted pics on lots of other bulletin boards/message boards, but this one doesn't seem to want to work. What's the trick?

Homer,
I don't know why I had problems last night. :confused: I only have ONE picture to post. It was taken at Oak Express and I've posted in MANY times! ;) :)

Anyway, when you finish your message, scroll down to a window that says "Manage Attachments". Click "Browse" and find your picture in whatever file it is in. "Open" the picture file and go back to "Manage Attachments" and click on "Upload". The picture file name should appear shortly. When you have "uploaded" up to five pics, simply go back and post your message. I THINK!?! :cool: :eek:

My problem last night was either bad drugs or a 'puter glitch. Every time I posted a second picture, the first one disappeared and on and on. The bottom line was that NONE of them posted. :( I think that I was a victim of radioactive fallout from Howl's lead-lined thong! :eek: It's just my bad luck that I am a victim of the prevailing westerly winds. :( :) ;)

Dale T.

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 8:04 PM
Why not buy her one machine that does it all and save yourself 5x the work??

Phillip,
Why don't YOU tell her that!? :) It would be like Colonel Klink having a face-to-face argument with Hitler on the old "Hogan's Heroes" TV show! :eek: I'm too old to absorb THAT much punishment! :) :eek:

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 8:06 PM
Dale,
That is a very beautifully designed and built cabinet. Excellent work!
Frank

Hi Frank,
Again, thank you!! :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 8:13 PM
Dale good looking job...Make a few mistakes in your next one so she'll stop asking for more...Great results..

Jerry,
She's a redhead! :( Does that complete the story? :confused: ;) She doesn't ALLOW me to make mistakes!

Hey man, with the few teeth I have left, I can't afford to test the redhead theory again unless I want to live on Pablum and liquified prunes for the rest of my life!! :( :o :cool: ;)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 8:37 PM
How does she manage to wrap your "Old Carcass" around her fingers so many times.

Ken,
It's those trees, high stumps, lamp-posts, concrete columns and other hurtful vertical objects that she wraps me around that get my attention! :eek: :D

As I told Jerry, she is a redhead! :eek: I will not comment further on redheads because she may be monitoring this thread for, "Quality Control Purposes", or is it "dad control purposes"? :cool: ;) :)

Heh! Heh! What she DOESN'T know is that I have specific plans for corrupting both of my grandkids. At 2 1/2, I'm doing a masterful job with the grandson. The granddaughter is only 14 months but my "positive" influence is already having an impact! :eek: :cool: ;) :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 8:55 PM
PESH!

[LEFT]Figured I might have to get your attention in case the battery in your hearing aid was bad. ;) :D PPPPFFFFTTTTT!!

Isn't it too big for the fireplace? Your daughter wouldn't miss it, would she??

Karl

Hey Dells,
I don't WEAR a hearing aid but you have just ticked off my "hearing ear" dog! :eek: If you spot a 200 pound animal that looks a lot like a foaming-fanged black Wolf slinking around your back yard, DO NOT attempt to feed HER!! It is either my "hearing ear" dog looking for revenge or it is my daughter in her "wolf disguise" planning to "rearrange" your new home office! ;) :eek:

Don't worry, Karl, with my legendary woodworking talents, I've been forced to build the biggest fireplace in the entire midwest! :o :( :)

Dale T.

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-05-2006, 9:15 PM
Hate to do this .....................being FLAT work and all, but that is beautiful!

Bruce

John Miliunas
02-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Don't worry, Karl, with my legendary woodworking talents, I've been forced to build the biggest fireplace in the entire midwest! :o :( :)

Dale T.

Well, I'd be willing to bet that it's one beautiful fireplace but, now you're going broke having all those guys haul wood in to burn! I know the fuel for it can't be coming out of your shop! :) Yeah, I can see where your daughter would be demanding more work outta' you! She obviously knows quality when she sees it! Nice job, Pesh! :) :cool:

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Hate to do this .....................being FLAT work and all, but that is beautiful! Bruce

Bruce,
I'm REALLY embarrassed! :o It just seems as though I've been stuck with that "flat" stuff FOREVER! :mad: :cool: I buy a dozen roses for my lathe every week but she is still threatening to "fall" on me when I least expect it! :eek: :D

I keep promising to make it up to her because my love (addiction) to her is everlasting! :cool: :) I just need a break from those folks who think that the world is FLAT!! BUMMER! BUMMER! BUMMER!! :mad: :( :D

Dale T.

Cecil Arnold
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Boy Dale, I'm really disappointed. When I saw the title of your post I thought we were going to get pictures of you (and maybe Tyler in his thong) trying to do your Charles Atlas thing, all oiled up and striking a pose. Anyway, that's nice work, even if it is flat.

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Well, I'd be willing to bet that it's one beautiful fireplace but, now you're going broke having all those guys haul wood in to burn! I know the fuel for it can't be coming out of your shop! :) Yeah, I can see where your daughter would be demanding more work outta' you! She obviously knows quality when she sees it! Nice job, Pesh! :) :cool:

Hey Spring,
If you are going to keep being nice to me then I will have to be nice to YOU!! :eek: Being NICE goes against my entire inner self! :) You must be DETERMINED to upset my entire philosophy of MEANNESS and ROTTENNESS! ;) :)

As opposed to NICE, I would MUCH rather grab pictures of Zippy, my little boyhood dog, Nikki, the little Poodle that my kids grew up with and Cupid, my shop cat who crossed over the Rainbow Bridge almost two years ago. With those pics, I could put on a couple of Johnny Cash CDs and tearfully remember when times were pretty darn good! :) - Not that they are not good now! :)

I don't need COMPLIMENTS, Spring, I need KLEENEX! cool: :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Boy Dale, I'm really disappointed. When I saw the title of your post I thought we were going to get pictures of you (and maybe Tyler in his thong) trying to do your Charles Atlas thing, all oiled up and striking a pose. Anyway, that's nice work, even if it is flat.

Cecil,
Just call me "Chuck" Atlas. :) "Howl" will have to speak for himself! :eek: :)

Dale T.

Chris Barton
02-06-2006, 7:58 AM
As always Dale, a great and entertaining post and super project. I like your work and know why your daughter put those demands on you. She knows quality.

John Miliunas
02-06-2006, 8:10 AM
Hey Spring,
If you are going to keep being nice to me then I will have to be nice to YOU!! Being NICE goes against my entire inner self! You must be DETERMINED to upset my entire philosophy of MEANNESS and ROTTENNESS!

OK. Fine! So, you dirty old, scum-sucking, piece of moldy cheese! :mad: Don't like my compliments, Mr. Hollywood Wannabe? Yeah...Right. Hiding behind those dark sunglasses and all. Tell me, is that what you really look like or did your neck throw up??? :eek: Who the heck died and appointed you as the Scourge of Marinette County, anyway???:confused: Know what? I really don't give a rat's pa-toot what you think of my comments! If I say that I like your work, you're gonna' take the compliments like a man,shut your yap and go ask your daughter what she wants done next! :mad: (There! Happy now????):D :D :D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-06-2006, 8:38 AM
OK. Fine! So, you dirty old, scum-sucking, piece of moldy cheese! :mad: Don't like my compliments, Mr. Hollywood Wannabe? Yeah...Right. Hiding behind those dark sunglasses and all. Tell me, is that what you really look like or did your neck throw up??? :eek: Who the heck died and appointed you as the Scourge of Marinette County, anyway???:confused: Know what? I really don't give a rat's pa-toot what you think of my comments! If I say that I like your work, you're gonna' take the compliments like a man,shut your yap and go ask your daughter what she wants done next! :mad: (There! Happy now????):D :D :D :cool:

Yeah! Whatever Spring said. So there. PPPFFFFTTTTT!!!

And I still like your work. :)

Karl

Tyler Howell
02-06-2006, 9:48 AM
Didn't we start a rule that you can only come visit and show pictures with your daughter and grandkids in them :mad: ???
Nice Cab anyway:D ;)

Jason Tuinstra
02-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Dale, as always, you're posts are the best! Great work and a very creative solution for the various needs involved. Great job! And thanks for your sense of humor!

Dale Thompson
02-06-2006, 6:22 PM
OK. Fine! So, you dirty old, scum-sucking, piece of moldy cheese! Don't like my compliments, Mr. Hollywood Wannabe? Yeah...Right. Hiding behind those dark sunglasses and all. Tell me, is that what you really look like or did your neck throw up??? Who the heck died and appointed you as the Scourge of Marinette County, anyway???:confused: Know what? I really don't give a rat's pa-toot what you think of my comments! If I say that I like your work, you're gonna' take the compliments like a man,shut your yap and go ask your daughter what she wants done next! :mad: (There! Happy now:

Hey Spring,
That was SOOO beautifully said that I now REALLY need Kleenex! :) I guess that we can be friends again. ;) :) As a matter of fact, I think that I am falling in LOVE!! :eek: :cool: :)

Whatever, before you opt for the Kamikaze Knife, please accept my thanks for the compliments! ;) :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-06-2006, 6:33 PM
Yeah! Whatever Spring said. So there. PPPFFFFTTTTT!!!

And I still like your work. :)

Karl

Hey Dells,
If Spring scorns me, guess who is next on my list! ;) :)

Thank you!! :D

Dale T.

Jerry Olexa
02-06-2006, 6:38 PM
That "Spring" guy sure is tender hearted and has a way with words..:) Keep Building Dale:D

Dale Thompson
02-06-2006, 6:40 PM
Didn't we start a rule that you can only come visit and show pictures with your daughter and grandkids in them :mad: ???
Nice Cab anyway:D ;)

Hey Howl,
Since the Packers won yesterdays Super Bowl, all the rules have changed! :o ;) :)

Therefore, when the daughter and grandkids get to be as charasmatic and good looking as I am, we can reconsider YOUR version of the rules!! ;)

Thank you for your kind compliment! :) UMMM? What's a "cab"? :confused:

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-06-2006, 6:51 PM
Thanks for your sense of humor!

Jerry,
When you have skills like mine, you had BETTER have a sense of humor! ;) :( Usually that is all that is left of the projects that I start. :cool: :eek:

Hey, man, it's still FUN! :) There is an old saying that says, "If we ever achieve our goals, then we have set our goals too low!". :) I'm constantly readjusting my goals lower but I NEVER seem to have any problem with NOT achieving them! :( :)

By the way, thank you! :)

Dale T.

Dale Thompson
02-06-2006, 6:55 PM
That "Spring" guy sure is tender hearted and has a way with words..:) Keep Building Dale:D

Jerry,
Isn't Spring the cutest little thing that you ever laid eyes on? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: Valentine's Day is coming up. :) :rolleyes: I can hardly wait! :eek:

Dale T.