PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new honeycomb table from Epilog - wrong thickness

Oleg Mikhailik
12-26-2023, 2:58 PM
Merry belated Christmas everyone!

So I recently damaged the 1/2" honeycomb table in my epilog Mini via fire, and ordered a replacement directly from Epilog. They took down my serial number, and year of manufacture (mine is a 2006 Epilog Mini 24) but ended up sending a honeycomb table that is 1" thick instead of the 1/2" one that my machine needs. This 1" thick frame doesn't fit under the spring loaded rulers in the machine.

What do you all think? Should I try to get a replacement from them or is there some sort of an adjustment I can make to fit the 1" frame fit within my lasercutter?

There are a couple of photos below - one is how the 1" frame sits under the rulers, and the other showing the comparison between the old damaged one and the new 1" frames.

Thanks all!
------------
0l0id

Steve Utick
12-27-2023, 11:16 AM
Merry belated Christmas everyone!

So I recently damaged the 1/2" honeycomb table in my epilog Mini via fire, and ordered a replacement directly from Epilog. They took down my serial number, and year of manufacture (mine is a 2006 Epilog Mini 24) but ended up sending a honeycomb table that is 1" thick instead of the 1/2" one that my machine needs. This 1" thick frame doesn't fit under the spring loaded rulers in the machine.

What do you all think? Should I try to get a replacement from them or is there some sort of an adjustment I can make to fit the 1" frame fit within my lasercutter?

There are a couple of photos below - one is how the 1" frame sits under the rulers, and the other showing the comparison between the old damaged one and the new 1" frames.

Thanks all!
------------
0l0id

I would call Epilog and inform them of the difference, and see what they say. If that's a valid replacement, they should be able to tell you what exactly needs to be done to fit it in. If they sent you the wrong part, they should make good and send you the correct part. Epilog support is great, and I have no doubt that either way, they will assist you in the correct operation to be done.

Steve Clarkson
12-28-2023, 10:40 AM
This actually happened to me a few months ago.....Epilog ended up sending me a new free "tub" because the honeycomb grid fits in the newer Epilog models, but not in the older machines.