PDA

View Full Version : Sawmil creek friend

Andrew Hughes
12-25-2023, 10:00 AM
Anyone know what happened to John K Jordan he was my only friend on sawmill creek.
His last post was in May.

Jim Becker
12-25-2023, 10:08 AM
Last news in previous threads indicated John was experiencing some health issues. I have not heard anything since then.

Patty Hann
12-25-2023, 11:56 AM
Anyone know what happened to John K Jordan he was my only friend on sawmill creek.
His last post was in May.
Are you sure you phrased that right? You have no other friends on Sawmill Creek?
Paraphrasing a friend of mine: "What are we? Chopped liver?" :rolleyes: ;)

Paul F Franklin
12-25-2023, 1:06 PM
Are you sure you phrased that right? You have no other friends on Sawmill Creek?
Paraphrasing a friend of mine: "What are we? Chopped liver?" :rolleyes: ;)

LOL, Patty, I think OP is probably referring to the "friends" feature on the Creek....I suspect most folks here don't even know there is such a thing, but a peek on the "community" tab will reveal all...

Andrew Hughes
12-25-2023, 2:32 PM
Yep Paul is right. When I get home I'm adding Patty to my friends list. 🙂

Patty Hann
12-25-2023, 2:49 PM
Yep Paul is right. When I get home I'm adding Patty to my friends list. 
Thank you Andrew... you are very kind.:)

Patty Hann
12-25-2023, 2:51 PM
LOL, Patty, I think OP is probably referring to the "friends" feature on the Creek....I suspect most folks here don't even know there is such a thing, but a peek on the "community" tab will reveal all...
Actually I do know about the "friend" feature :)...but you have to admit , if someone doesn't it sounds like Andrew is lamenting he has no friends here ;-D

Earl McLain
12-26-2023, 7:17 AM
Yep Paul is right. When I get home I'm adding Patty to my friends list. 

I've considered you a very valued friend--ever since you changed table saws and sold me a bunch of your old 10" blades. (kidding aside, that led me down the path of "the right blade for the job" and was a definite improvement to my table saw ability. Thanks for that!!)

Andrew Hughes
12-26-2023, 10:29 AM
Earl I think it might have been another Andrew that sold you blades. I have no issues taking credit for Andrews :)
Careful or you will end up on my friends list. :)

George Yetka
12-26-2023, 10:39 AM
LOL I also didnt know of the friend feature so my first thought was wow this sounds something my 3 year old would say who occasionally comes home from daycare saying nobody likes her.

Pat Germain
12-26-2023, 1:00 PM
LOL I also didnt know of the friend feature so my first thought was wow this sounds something my 3 year old would say who occasionally comes home from daycare saying nobody likes her.

Is she a Jets fan?

Earl McLain
12-26-2023, 8:14 PM
Earl I think it might have been another Andrew that sold you blades. I have no issues taking credit for Andrews :)
Careful or you will end up on my friends list. :)

Nope, it was you, early December, 2014--5 blades (including a Forrest, maybe Amana rip, maybe Tenryu? I'd have to go out to look) Paid $100, plus the large flat rate box was $13 (now $21-ish!!). I usually archive the last PM in purchases--helps me remember. Any 2 of those blades would have been worth more than what i paid. Prior to that, i'd used mostly combination blades--so most valuable part was exposure to task-specific saw blades, made me a believer. Thanks!!

Andrew Hughes
12-26-2023, 8:48 PM
I Glad those blades went to a fellow sawmill creek member. I did switch from a 10 table saw to a 12.
I'm old enough now to loose some memory. And still young enough to care about having friends. 🙂
Take care good luck always

Thomas McCurnin
12-26-2023, 10:32 PM
I have also experienced memory problems.

I have short term memory problems, long term memory problems and short term memory problems.

Patty Hann
12-27-2023, 7:33 AM
I have a very good memory; it's just short is all.

Ronald Blue
12-27-2023, 8:39 AM
I remember my childhood but not what I got up to go do. Can't be ADHD because I'm definitely not hyper. Must just be attention deficit.

As for John I hope all is well. He's a very knowledgeable and giving man.

Adam Grund
12-27-2023, 3:20 PM
I remember my childhood but not what I got up to go do. Can't be ADHD because I'm definitely not hyper. Must just be attention deficit.

As for John I hope all is well. He's a very knowledgeable and giving man.

It amazes me reading posts now and then, people talking about buying a chisel in June of 1974 or visiting a store showroom in the spring of ‘86.
When talking about something as obscure as buying a tool- I know that I bought it, no recollection if it was 10 yrs ago 15, 8, much less the actual month. I just never pay attention like that I guess.

Rick Potter
12-28-2023, 2:59 AM
Uhhh, ahem.

George Yetka
12-28-2023, 7:43 AM
Is she a Jets fan?
We are 1 mile north of the eagle/giant divide. No ones a jet fan

Andrew Hughes
12-28-2023, 9:16 AM
Uhhh, ahem.

oops sorry Rick. I’ll add you to my friends list so I never forget again :)

Rick Potter
12-28-2023, 12:36 PM
Aw shucks, I feel soo much better now.

Andrew Hughes
12-28-2023, 2:30 PM
Aw shucks, I feel soo much better now.
Hi Rick
How’s s that 24 inch Agazzani doing.
Have you tried smaller blades on it. Just curious if it tracks small blades ok.
Happy holiday my friend :)

Rick Potter
12-29-2023, 1:40 AM
Nope, I have kept my Delta BS, and use small blades on it. Still have the 1" carbide on the Aggie. Don't resaw that often , but when I do it's a great saw. I have some 4x6 and 4x4 stock taken from my old garage that I will resaw soon to make legs for a couple new shop carts. It will be the first 'real' project for a Panto-Router I got a while back. I think I can get some nice 3 1/4" square legs out of it.

I didn't know there was a 'Friends' section on this site, not much of a computer guy.

Drop by and see my new saw.

Andrew Hughes
12-29-2023, 2:06 AM
Thanks for the invite. The reason I asked about your saw. There’s a woodworker that I believe had a 24 inch Aggi that he used to make bandsaw boxes. Art Espenet Carpenter was the father of the bandsaw box from what I read. Not a lot of woodworkers know about his contribution to the craft.
A good large bandsaw isn’t just about large wide blades it can tension. In fact a small 1/8 blade with a zillion teeth can be very tricky to track a real test to a saws capabilities.
My Aggi will take a 15 ft blade your has to be a couple feet longer. It’s surprising how well a 1/4 3or 4 tooth blade will last and cut. And they’re pretty inexpensive too.
Your they only one I know with a 24 inch Aggi I was just wondering.
Heres a pic of bandsaw box I believe was made by Art Espenet.
Good Luck Rick

Bernie Kopfer
12-29-2023, 12:23 PM
I have a very good memory; it's just short is all.
I told my wife recently that I didn’t forget what she said, I just didn’t remember what she said. You can imagine how well that was received!