PDA

View Full Version : Creeker’s Past Week’s Accomplishments

Rod Sheridan
12-25-2023, 8:42 AM
Merry Christmas, not much woodworking for me last week, I did deliver the Cherry live edge stool to my daughter in Ottawa, I call it “Firewood on Pipe”😉

Today I’m in Riviere Rouge where we’re staying in my daughter’s stone and timber house in the forest. The deer have already stopped by for their morning carrots, with the snow it really looks like a Christmas scene.

I hope everyone is enjoying this season in their favourite way.

Regards, Rod

Jim Becker
12-25-2023, 10:05 AM
Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and an outstanding New Year!

That sounds like a wonderful place to spend the holiday, Rod.

I'm still "out of the shop" but (impatiently) awaiting getting this darn cast off my right wrist on the 5th so I can get back to doing more things, including spending time in the shop. I suspect that "Santa" (Professor Dr. SWMBO) will have a few things under our tree that will enhance that experience, but will not "find out" until later this afternoon when our daughters and one daughter's SO are here for presents and the prime rib dinner I'm making. (Some presents are unwrapped because that's hard for The Professor to do, so my eyes are not "seeing" them. ;) )

Paul F Franklin
12-25-2023, 10:57 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Cleaned up the shop after finishing the pickleball cutting boards last week. Somehow, even on simple projects, I manage to mess up the entire shop. Replaced the LED lights on one of our outdoor displays; the old LEDs gave up the ghost. And began working on a couple of custom table tennis blades for my BIL They will be made of red oak that was cut from a tree on their old home property that has sentimental value to him. May not make the best blade but it's more about the sentimental value. I tried making one a year or two ago and ran into issues. But now I have a drum sander and a vacuum bag so I will have another go, this time laying up some shop sawn veneer into plywood.

Bruce Wrenn
12-25-2023, 4:36 PM
Not the week we planned. Wife's broken finger is healing. Tuesday, got licensee tag renewed for truck. Tuesday night took daughter from WV to dinner. Wednesday, I came down with RSV, and wife has the flu. Thursday, took her to doctor, who tested her for Covid, RSV and Flu. Flu won the test. Called off Christmas at our house for the fifth year in a row. 2018 & 2019 lock down, in 2021 I had a heart attack the week before Christmas. Last year we both caught Covid on seniors trip from Church the week before Christmas, and this year I have RSV, and she has the flu. Can't wait to see what happens in 2024. At least I get my portion of Toys for Tots done in August, so that wasn't a problem. Spent this morning in ER as wife was having some breathing problems.

Jim Becker
12-25-2023, 7:12 PM
Wow, Bruce...I sure hope both you and your other half feel better quickly! (and get to have a "normal", as in nice, unexciting, holiday season next year!)