PDA

View Full Version : The Boys In The Boat Film

Maurice Mcmurry
12-21-2023, 10:10 PM
Looking forward to seeing it. We might see it Christmas Day if the Christmas birthday boy wants to.

https://youtu.be/dfEA-udzjjQ?si=nPSwytlzIJlGL6wv

Frederick Skelly
12-22-2023, 6:18 AM
Looks like it’ll be a good one Maurice!

Maurice Mcmurry
12-22-2023, 7:01 AM
The book is way up there on our list of good books. It was one of the community wide book club's One Read project. A descendant of the Pocock family lives in our neighborhood. When the boat delivery rig is on its cross country run it parks nearby overnight. It is quite a sight!

Kent A Bathurst
01-11-2024, 4:54 PM
The book is way up there on our list of good books.

The story the author told was stunning. I don't know what the film will cover as far as Joe Rantz' earlty years, but the life he overcame as a youngster, the responsibilities and focus required, and what he had to accomplish just to be be alive and at UW is the allegory for the entire tale.

This story, and Mr Rantz' life, is Seabiscuit and Red Pollard with a boathouse, not a paddock.

Frederick Skelly
01-11-2024, 5:21 PM
The story the author told was stunning. I don't know what the film will cover as far as Joe Rantz' earlty years, but the life he overcame as a youngster, the responsibilities and focus required, and what he had to accomplish just to be be alive and at UW is the allegory for the entire tale.

This story, and Mr Rantz' life, is Seabiscuit and Red Pollard with a boathouse, not a paddock.

+1. I’m in the middle of reading it now. It’s a heckova story and is hard to put down.

Maurice Mcmurry
01-11-2024, 10:00 PM
I took Our copy of the book to our Christmas meet up. Our daughter dove right into it and enjoyed it. The part about Joe Rantz's love of the woods, hunting for, and making things from cedar is a terrific encore to an amazing life.

al ladd
01-21-2024, 11:08 AM
The film was worth seeing, and I recommend Netflix's "Race" about Jesse Owens '36 Olympic performances as a follow-up.