PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Rod Sheridan
12-18-2023, 2:18 PM
Hi, well, we're only one week from Christmas.

Where exactly did the year go and how was I so unproductive?

I think I'll blame it on lack of organization, that's my story and I'm sticking to it:rolleyes:

To improve my organization I made one more small cutter cabinet to hold the trays of molding knives, a shaper milling cutter and sanding drums for the shaper.

The cabinet has 12 volt LED tape lighting in aluminum channels with plastic diffusers, and 5mm shelf pin holes.

The shelf pin holes are on 32mm spacing, the shelf rear rests on a pin 64mm above the front pin to give the shelf a nice angle.

The blade and cutter shelves have grooves underneath to hold the shelves at an angle for easy viewing, and rubber feet underneath.

I can lift the shelf up off the pins and carry it to the machine, where I can set it down without chipping the cutters or scratching the machine.

So, what did you did in your shop last week?

Regards, Rod.

George Yetka
12-18-2023, 2:21 PM
Nice, I like the backlighting. My favorite thing about woodworking is shop organization.

Rod Sheridan
12-18-2023, 2:29 PM
Thanks George, I have a small shop so if it's not organized it's a disaster.

Regards, Rod.

George Yetka
12-18-2023, 3:57 PM
Thanks George, I have a small shop so if it's not organized it's a disaster.

Regards, Rod.

I fully understand that. Im 500 sqft shared with kids bikes/quad/snowblower/generator/kitchen cabinet project/all outdoor stuff/and more. I always look forward to emptying or reducing whatever I can

Jim Becker
12-18-2023, 7:40 PM
Yea, this year went fast!! And I hope the next two and a half weeks until I can get this flippin' cast off go fast, too. LOL No actual woodworking, but I did have some time contemplating some upcoming projects and I also physically went into my shop a couple of times, including to "take delivery" of the DF500 I bought from Greg Parish out of the SMC Classifieds. ("take delivery" means "fondle excessively") Used my "house" Festool drill/driver to install a new latch on the sliding door to the three season porch today...it cracked in half last week and using "the stick" to simply secure it between Oliver the Dog's need to hit the backyard for a romp and pee-pee was getting old. :D Otherwise, I spent my time watching some videos, reading some books, cooking a bunch of delicious meals now that I can use a knife safely and playing "seeing eye husband" for Professor Dr. SWMBO.

Doug Garson
12-18-2023, 8:07 PM
Delivered my Christmas toys today including tug boats, airplanes, race cars, trucks, bobcat excavators, road graders, games and mobiles. Total of 75 gifts.

Cameron Wood
12-18-2023, 8:24 PM
Delivered my Christmas toys today including tug boats, airplanes, race cars, trucks, bobcat excavators, road graders, games and mobiles. Total of 75 gifts.

Wow, good job!

Cameron Wood
12-18-2023, 8:42 PM
On the backyard cottage remodel, there will be a kitchenette w/ sink & refer, and opposite a counter for coffee & micro. The counter is an extended window sill, 19" deep. I have luan planks roughed out, but f-ed up & cut the rabbet on the top instead of the bottom of the piece scribed to the window. I was going to biscuit & glue the pieces on site, but in late breaking news, I bought an 8" Rockwell Delta jointer over the weekend (for $150!) so now I can easily flatten the 8" wide planks before assembly.
So I brought the pieces back to the shop to mill & glue up. I have plenty of the wood so that's not a problem.
I also mis-figured a trim piece for a 13' long light valence. so have to re-cut that. I think I was fighting off a bug- that will be my excuse.

Usually there would be a gift multiples project going, but not this year.

The 6" Delta jointer with art deco stand will be coming up for sale, if anyone's interested.

Paul F Franklin
12-19-2023, 4:00 PM
I finished my pickleball themed cheese/charcuterie/cutting boards with one day to spare before our holiday party. (that's a new record for me:D ) Happy with the way they turned out. I'll post a pic in the projects forum.

Maurice Mcmurry
12-20-2023, 2:28 PM
What an excellent cabinet! I did the annual gutter cleaning for several Nonagenarian and Octogenarian Widow Ladies, totaling about a mile of gutters. Then Yoga. I cleaned and organized the workshop enough to get started on some Christmas projects. I also made a compass jig for the router table and 8 - 3.41 inch x .47 inch, laminated two sides, plugs to turn a ventilated shelf into a solid shelf. I hope they fit. Shop time is fun, more fun when it is clean and organized. A New Years resolution... Keep the shop clean and organized.

512285 512286

Maurice Mcmurry
01-15-2024, 11:40 AM
compass jig for the router table and 8 - 3.41 inch x .47 inch, laminated two sides, plugs to turn a ventilated shelf into a solid shelf. I hope they fit.

512285 512286

A small victory, They fit!