PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw resaw fence

Derek Cohen
12-18-2023, 4:08 AM
The Jan/Feb 2024 (#308) edition of Fine Woodworking magazine (out very soon if not now, I believe) carries a Shop Tip of mine to build a resaw fence.

I don't usually mention when a shop tip of mine is published (had quite a few over the years), but this one is in time for Christmas. Look out for it.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Rod Sheridan
12-18-2023, 2:33 PM
Hi Derek, yes indeed, your useful fence design is on page 15 of the current issue, thanks for sharing it.

Regards, Rod.

Alan Lightstone
12-19-2023, 12:25 PM
Saw that this morning. Was about to post it, but you beat me to it.

Steve Catts
12-19-2023, 12:46 PM
Derek,

Just saw this. I'm wondering if the graphic is missing a detail or if it's my brain. Is the knob intended to screw into a threaded insert that is located in the tall fence? There is mention that the knob threads into a 'slightly smaller hole' but with MDF, surely that would not secure the assembly together. What am I missing??

Steve

lou Brava
12-19-2023, 3:37 PM
OK, you just made me do 2 things I've been putting off for too long :) 1. subscribe to Fine Woodworking, 2. Bulid a resaw fence. I've been using a drift master on the BS & get pretty decent results but today I was resawing some 9" tall domestic black walnut for a tight radius bench build & having hard time getting them thin enough to bend. They need to under 1/8" thick shooting for 3/32 to 1/16. I may need to change wood type that walnut has pretty wild grain. Anyway thanks for posting up your stuff !