PDA

View Full Version : Quaker Cereal Recall

Brian Tymchak
12-16-2023, 10:40 PM
Saw on the news that Quaker Cereal issued a recall today on several granola products for salmonella contamination. I have several boxes of granola cereal that are part of the recall.

This USA Today story has links for more info.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2023/12/16/quaker-oats-granola-product-recall-salmonella/71943056007/

Jerry Bruette
12-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this. Had a bowl of it this morning, hope I don't get sick.

Mel Fulks
12-16-2023, 11:18 PM
Remember, “nothing is better for thee than me”. Nothing to fear ….except standing in front of the big gun that fires the Quaker Oats

Patty Hann
12-17-2023, 12:28 AM
Remember, “nothing is better for thee than me”. Nothing to fear ….except standing in front of the big gun that fires the Quaker Oats

Wrong cereal (but right company)...
It was Puffed Rice that was the "cereal shot from guns"....
Great commercial. It used the finale of the 1812 Overture that was accompanied by (what else?) cannon.

https://invention.si.edu/alexander-anderson-and-cereal-shot-guns

Jim Koepke
12-17-2023, 2:52 PM
Great commercial. It used the finale of the 1812 Overture that was accompanied by (what else?) cannon.

I've read that in many live performances of the 1812 Overture a pistol firing blanks in to a 55 gallon drum was used for the cannon. Another article mentions an open air event in a park using a shotgun, with blanks was fired into a barrel.

jtk

Rod Sheridan
12-18-2023, 2:52 PM
Hi Jim, we have a vinyl record with actual canons used, one of Diann’s favourite records.

Regards, Rod

Tom M King
12-18-2023, 5:28 PM
Firing a blank pistol a little outside of a barrel backstage was also used for a gunshot in theater. That works without any problem until someone used the barrel as a trashcan and paper caught on fire. With nothing handy to put over the top of the barrel, it worked to just quickly turn the barrel over. That avoided a panic, but did mess up the floor paint backstage.