PDA

View Full Version : Storage cabinet

Chris Payne
12-16-2023, 12:00 PM
I am trying to organize my shop some and one of problems is getting all my molding cutter knives stored in a way that I can quickly see what I'm looking for. I have in the past had another knive made and come to find out that I already had it. Does any of you have a nifty ideal that will help. Thanks

Jim Becker
12-16-2023, 1:21 PM
Segmented drawer where you can place each knife/set with just enough room so that the profile is easily inspected. Be sure to make a way to label them, too...in addition to the visual inspection of the tooling, the label will help you identify if you have an existing profile before you buy a duplicate.

Rod Sheridan
12-17-2023, 1:13 PM

Hi, I made the above storage system for blades, cutters and knives.

The trays have 2 grooves underneath, they clip onto 5mm shelf pins.

The trays also have silicone rubber bumpers underneath so that I can carry the tray to the machine and put it down without chipping cutters or scratching the machine.

The optional lighting is 12 volt LED tape (3,000K) in aluminum channel with plastic covers.

Regards, Rod.

Warren Lake
12-17-2023, 7:58 PM
have wall mount 1 and 2 common pine cabs approx 7 deep x 22 wide approx x 32 tall mounted at good eye level hanging on a french cleat. Shelves have pins and are adjustable. Cabinets are cheap and light. Shavings go to an animal sanctuary for the barn.

Spacing allows one size of containers it need be for screws etc. Many wall cabinets and many containers. The cutters and moulding samples sit out where you can see them. Dont want cabinets on the floor where machines can go instead and dont want stuff in draws.

Chris Payne
12-20-2023, 11:34 PM
Rod could you email me that picture for some reason i can't open it up on here.Thanks Chris

Rod Sheridan
12-21-2023, 8:36 AM
Rod could you email me that picture for some reason i can't open it up on here. Thanks Chris

Done Chris.

If you want a drawing I can send one to you.

Regards, Rod