PDA

View Full Version : A personal triumph....

Steve Ash
02-04-2006, 5:32 PM
I've reached a personal goal.....

When I and my wife went on a caribbean cruise a while ago, I was embarrassed to get in a swim suit because I had let myself "go".
The moment I got home I decided to make a lifestyle change and get myself back in shape (yeah I know round is a shape) so I weighed myself in and measured my chest, belly and waist. I am 6'1 and was at 260 lbs, a 49 inch chest 50 inch belly and 42 inch waist.

I've been careful on what I eat and and backing away from the feed trough so to speak. Today I hit 225 lbs. 47 inch chest, 44.5 inch belly and a 38 inch waist.

my before pic.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1370.jpg

Steve Ash
02-04-2006, 5:33 PM
and today....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1494.jpg

Jim Dunn
02-04-2006, 5:34 PM
Steve congrats on the weight loss. Good luck in any future figure shaping. Before long you'll be able to wear that speedo you got on your honeymoon.

Ken Garlock
02-04-2006, 5:36 PM
Darn, that is great progress.:eek: :cool:

Next year you can go to the French Riviera and put on a speedo.:D

You better make you wife a club to beat off all the women that will be chasing you.

Jim Becker
02-04-2006, 5:51 PM
That's a great accomplishment, Steve. I wish I could get myself to do that better than I am managing...

At any rate, free alternative avitar attached!

tod evans
02-04-2006, 5:53 PM
way to go man!

Matt Meiser
02-04-2006, 6:07 PM
Good job Steve!

Lou Morrissette
02-04-2006, 6:31 PM
You're the man now, Steve. Good job.

Lou

Andy Hoyt
02-04-2006, 6:32 PM
Steve - The picture has been taken.

It's okay to exhale now.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
02-04-2006, 6:59 PM
That shows a lot of determination and self discipline Steve! Way to go!

Mark Singer
02-04-2006, 7:04 PM
Steve, You look terrific and it should be easy to keep it off......I will keep you in mind for the movie I am working on...."Brokeback Wokrbench" it is a story of two SMC woodworkers that spent many lonely hours in the shop and ....:eek: It is fiction of course....just a story kinda like the movie but with less horsing aroud:confused:

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-04-2006, 8:24 PM
WTG....................keep it up and you'll be my age and movin' a lot better than me!

Bruce

Steve Ash
02-04-2006, 8:29 PM
I will keep you in mind for the movie I am working on...."Brokeback Woodworker" it is a story of two SMC woodworkers that spent many lonely hours in the shop

Thanks....but no thanks, unless the other SMC woodworker is female....:eek:

John Bailey
02-04-2006, 8:43 PM
Good job Steve. I lost 60 lbs. about 7 years ago and it's made a world of difference in how I enjoy life.

John

Christopher Pine
02-04-2006, 9:37 PM
Congrats! Looks good on you! OR should I say off of you. I too struggle with weight.. Have to watch everything I eat....
Didn't used to have to do that about 20 years ago.:o

Chris

and today....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1494.jpg

Jim Young
02-04-2006, 9:47 PM
We'll have to call you "slim". Are you sure that weight didn't come from the goatie?

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
02-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Looks great Steve, I know how hard it can be.

No don't mind me as I ramble a bit....:o

I'm on the diet as well, I'm way way too big, and it affects me badly. When I bought 4 20 Kg bags of sand for ballast on my soon to be here lathe, I realized that I was carrying around the better part of two of those bags of sand, no wonder I'm tired all the time :o

I'm doing a variant of the No carbs diet, as I'm a carboholic. When I get away from processed carbs, (cookies, cake, anything that comes from a major corp in a box) and eat real food, I feel so much better it is amazing, I've also cut down on my coffee intake, and started to get some more exercise.

I've lost over 5 Kg in two weeks, but I've got 6 times that to go. When I came to Japan I weighed 82 Kg, I was in great shape. In Canada before I came to Japan, I did Aikido (a martial art) 5 days a week and I rode my bicycle to and from the Uni every day (32 Km round trip) I lead a very active life and I ate well (meaning healthy). Once in Japan I had to give up riding my Mt bike around the city, I got hit by taxis 6 times in 3 months, once seriously. You see, they don't usually have bicycles on the very crowded roads here, bicycles ride on the side walk, which is full of people walking!

I slowly but surly ballooned up to the most I've ever weighed, 123 Kg, now today, 2 weeks later, I'm at 118, and going down!

Now 20 years on since weighing 82 Kg, I don't know if I can ever get down to that again, but I'm going to try.

My Dad is a diabetic, and I'm on that road for sure, unless I lose the weight.

Great thing with the low carbs for me is that I'm not hungry all the time!

Low carbs is not for everyone, God made us all different, so different things work for different people.

sorry to ramble, but I just wanted to share this, Steve, you are an inspiration, Thanks!

Dan Forman
02-05-2006, 3:52 AM
Kudos Steve, not an easy thing for many people. Must have had something to do with haulin all that Ash.:)

Dan

Vaughn McMillan
02-05-2006, 5:01 AM
Good job Steve (and Stu). I've always been lucky when it comes to weight control, but I still have to make myself eat decent food instead of junk all the time.

- Vaughn