PDA

View Full Version : setting the domino 500 fence at 90

Brian Runau
12-11-2023, 11:07 AM
My domino is older and I am having trouble getting the fence to 90. I removed the stop and it still won't go to 90, then I removed the threaded knob completely that holds it in place and it still will not go to 90. I am using a Starrett square and lowering the blade down to the bottom of the square on my table saw top then holding this against the small./short face the bit comes out of. Does appear to be overly dirty or covered in saw preventing movement.

Appreciate any suggestions vs sending it in for $60/hr repair which is gue4ss is not too bad these days.

Thanks.

Brian

Jim Becker
12-11-2023, 1:53 PM
The first two things that come to mind for this kind of issue with any tool is either a pesky piece of debris in a hard to see place that blocks that final little bit of movement or more rarely, something actually broke/bent. I'm going to suggest you really look hard into the former at any point where something that moves has to get to some kind of stop, etc. I don't have a DF500 to look at (yet...I just bought one in the SMC Classifieds) and I suspect that things are a little different than on my DF700.

Michael Burnside
12-11-2023, 2:03 PM
I'm with Jim. I'd look for debris. The DF500 is pretty simple by design and I have a hard time believing it becomes out of square unless there is debris or it was dropped.

I'd also not measure to the saw bottom. Maybe it's coplanar, maybe it's just close or maybe it's just close to flat. I'd use a square and measure specifically between bottom of the domino and fence.

James Jayko
12-12-2023, 9:01 AM
Even if you can't see anything, blowing compressed air could dislodge something you can't see. Worth starting there at least.