Dick Bringhurst
02-04-2006, 2:34 PM
Wow, It worked!!! Dick B.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-04-2006, 2:35 PM
It worked well from here!

Dick Bringhurst
02-04-2006, 2:52 PM
Thanks Ken, and my hat's off to Aaron. He made it easy even for a non -computer person. Dick B.

Jim Dunn
02-04-2006, 4:59 PM
Tell me that's not you new shop. I thought mine was small:)

Dick Bringhurst
02-04-2006, 5:20 PM
We moved a year ago. I put all my shop equipment in the 16' POD and stored it for 6 months until we had a new location. Worked out very well and was quite a bit cheaper than having the moving company store it. Dick B.

Richard Wolf
02-04-2006, 6:35 PM
Talk about hijacking a tread. Could you share the costs of the move. I can see one in my future.

Richard

Dick Bringhurst
02-04-2006, 8:05 PM
Richard, You bet. The cost was $168.00/month. That included delivery of the POD, under cover, heated storage and delivery to the new location 50 miles away.

Some other items to note:

My homeowners insurance covered the equipment as long as I had the only key to the lock and the POD was in covered storage. My agent also timed the cancellation of the old policy until the new policy on the new location was in effect so there was no lapse in coverage. Insurance through the POD company is very expensive.

I could not get anyone to tell me if there was a limitation on the amount of weight I could put in the unit. I talked to both the lady when I ordered the unit and the fellow that had me sign paper work when it was delivered. I showed him what was going in it and the only thing he said was not to load it heavy to one end.

The plywood floor in the unit seemed weak, so I put a layer of 3/4" CDX over it. Some of my equipment is very heavy (15"planner, cabinet saw, lathe) and were on four feet or legs an I didn't want them sticking through the floor when they picked it up. Weight proved to be a problem. The picture shows the unit when the guy tried to load it. With the angle of the driveway to the street he couldn't get the unit high enough. He angled the unit in the driveway and was finally able to back the truck under it. The lift motor actually quit when it got to the height in the picture

The moving compay wanted $740.00/month to store the equipment plus mileage. It was in the POD for 4 months.

They have a internet site. I think it is POD.com It will give you the costs for the unit (either 12' or 16') mine was 16". They use ZIP codes for distance.

If you have more questions, PM me.

Dick B.

Jim Becker
02-04-2006, 8:25 PM
$168 a month isn't bad for that much storage, especially when it's, umm...mobile!