PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I got today!!!!

Carole Valentine
02-04-2006, 2:29 PM
The FedEx man brought my Itty Bitty contest award! John's hourglass is flawless as is Keith's plaque. Beautiful work guys! I now own a piece of history.:D My only dissapointment is that there are no signatures whatsoever on the pieces. :( The only hint at all is the little Heart cut-out on the plaque stand. These pieces are definitley worth your signatures! A picture is worth a thousand words, so here they are. Thanks guys!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-04-2006, 2:36 PM
They look great Carole! It was truly a great week for deliveries!

Keith Burns
02-04-2006, 2:39 PM
Cool Carole, they look great. Your certainly earned them:)

Mark Singer
02-04-2006, 2:42 PM
Carol...excellent! You really shined in that one....

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-04-2006, 2:50 PM
Outstanding work deserves an outstanding award. Your work and hte award both git the bill!

Bruce

John Hart
02-04-2006, 2:54 PM
Congratulations Carole! You definitely earned it. I still talk about it to people.

Glad they arrived unbroken. I purposely didn't mark the box "Fragile" cuz I hear that sometimes the guys will toss things a little harder when they're marked "Be Careful":rolleyes:

BTW...I thought about the signature and there's just no place to sign an hourglass....Oh...and if it makes any difference, the heart is my signature symbol on all my pieces.

Andy Hoyt
02-04-2006, 3:01 PM
Most excellent!

Lou Morrissette
02-04-2006, 3:01 PM
Congratulations, Carole. Well deserved. Thanks for sharing.

Lou

Carole Valentine
02-04-2006, 3:12 PM
BTW...I thought about the signature and there's just no place to sign an hourglass....Oh...and if it makes any difference, the heart is my signature symbol on all my pieces.

Uh, John...the bottom? Like the place where most pieces are signed?:D:D:D
BTW...the heart was my "mark" on scroll pieces and some of my early turnings! Good thing we're not married huh? Carole Valentine Hart!:D:eek::eek:

John Hart
02-04-2006, 3:20 PM
Uh, John...the bottom? Like the place where most pieces are signed?:D:D:D
BTW...the heart was my "mark" on scroll pieces and some of my early turnings! Good thing we're not married huh? Carole Valentine Hart!:D:eek::eek:

That would make you very popular 'round this time of year;)

As far as the hourglass....Where's the bottom?:D

Mike Ramsey
02-04-2006, 3:21 PM
Congratulations Carole! Certainly a nice set of awards made by some great
artists!

Bernie Weishapl
02-04-2006, 3:26 PM
Congrats Carole. Well done. Those are some nice looking prizes.

Jim Becker
02-04-2006, 4:30 PM
Uh, John...the bottom?

Umm...Carole...which end is the bottom on an hourglass?? :D :D :D

But I agree, there should be a way to tastefully include a signature. That said, if John uses the symbol as his signature regularly...you have that!

BTW, the plague and hourglass look wonderful! Congratulations!

Jim Dunn
02-04-2006, 4:50 PM
Carole congrats on the awards. Truly deserved! As to signing anybodies bottom, I'm not going there:)

Jim

Keith Outten
02-04-2006, 4:56 PM
Carole,

You can change the color of the engraving on the mirror by changing the mattboard color behind it, this way you can color coordinate if it pleases you to do so.

Congratulations and Enjoy!

David Fried
02-04-2006, 4:57 PM
Yeah Carole!!! The plaque will look great over the lathe and now you can time yourself!

Dave Fried

Bill Stevener
02-04-2006, 4:58 PM
Great looking awards Carole.

Some of the greatest pieces of art were never signed, the works alone reflect the signature.

Having the name Valentine Heart, would not be all that bad. I knew a lady and her name was cookie, she married Mr. Crumb. :D

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Ed Scolforo
02-04-2006, 5:09 PM
Kudos, Carole!

Carole Valentine
02-04-2006, 5:22 PM
Umm...Carole...which end is the bottom on an hourglass?? :D :D :D

Duh! Good point, Jim!:D:D:D:confused:

John Hart
02-04-2006, 5:44 PM
Carole,

You can change the color of the engraving on the mirror by changing the mattboard color behind it, this way you can color coordinate if it pleases you to do so.....

Um....well...I kinda made that impossible Keith. I wasn't thinkin'. Too much laquer I guess. When I made the frame, I also bandsawed a 1/4" slab of Bloodwood to fit into the back....and it sorta got permanently attached...sorta.:o

Maybe I should just do the whole thing over. Carole...would you be a dear and send that back? I'll sign it and everything!:)

Carole Valentine
02-04-2006, 5:53 PM
Maybe I should just do the whole thing over. Carole...would you be a dear and send that back? I'll sign it and everything!:)

Nope! It's mine and I am not letting it out of my hot little hands! Don't need to change the background, and I am lucky FedEx got it here undamaged on the first try. Not going to tempt fate by sending it back!:p:D I know it's a John Hart even if nobody else does!

Ernie Nyvall
02-04-2006, 6:45 PM
Congratulations Carole!

Those look wonderful and you certainly earned them.

Ernie

Travis Stinson
02-04-2006, 8:14 PM
Congrats Carole. Those look great!:)

Keith Outten
02-04-2006, 8:29 PM
John,

It's probably my fault for not including the instructions or a piece of colored mattboard :)

Normally I do put a piece of blue or rose colored mattboard behind engraved mirror and write the instructions for changing colors on the board because some people don't like the colors I pick, I can't imagine why :)

Corey Hallagan
02-04-2006, 8:45 PM
Very nice, congrats!!

Corey

Glenn Hodges
02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Congratulations Carole