PDA

View Full Version : Metal drawer boxes - Grass

andrew whicker
12-08-2023, 9:19 PM
Hi,

Curious when people have used these. Have then been spec'd out to you? Did you spec them out?

Why choose these metal boxes over wood?

Cheers,

Jim Becker
12-09-2023, 10:57 AM
I'm not familiar with the Grass, but IKEA has used the metal Blum drawers in cabinets I put in the laundry at our old property and they were really nice...smooth operation and soft close. Study the provisions for installing the drawer front carefully so you understand what's needed there.

Dave Sabo
12-10-2023, 10:49 PM
Used / use them all the time.

Blum tandem and Legrabox - comes in StainlessSteel
Grass Nova & Vionaro
Hettich Inno

Used for looks, finish, internal accessories program, and manufacturing / material efficiency.

installing the drawer front requires nothing or a screwdriver. It’s not any more complicated than attaching a front to a wooden box and is often much easier for the the person doing the installing !

andrew whicker
12-10-2023, 10:56 PM
So basically pay more for materials but save on labor?

Michael Burnside
12-11-2023, 9:33 AM
Got a link to share? I’m not familiar with them.

Jim Becker
12-11-2023, 9:38 AM
So basically pay more for materials but save on labor?
One of the big advantages of the 32mm system and the standardization that comes with it...the metal drawer systems install as fast as slides but come with the box already made. They are not for every situation such as furniture, of course, but for kitchen, laundry, bath, etc., they can be a great choice.

Greg Quenneville
12-12-2023, 3:37 PM
Where I live that’s the default drawer. It’s surprising how little you actually pay attention to drawer construction as a user.

Richard Coers
12-12-2023, 5:08 PM
Got a link to share? I’m not familiar with them.
Just Google Grass metal drawers