PDA

View Full Version : Veritas domino table

mike johnston
12-03-2023, 11:54 AM
Anyone have any experience with this table. Bought a domino 500 a couple of years ago. Have never used it. Have a grandson now, looks like time for kid’s table & chairs. Veritas table looks like it may come in handy

thanks Mike

Kevin Jenness
12-03-2023, 12:05 PM
Try using the machine on its own first. I get good results without any accessories. The table may be useful for very small parts.

John Kananis
12-03-2023, 12:38 PM
I have it. It makes the work go much quicker and it's very accurate. That said, it's pretty easy to build your own if you have the time.

Cary Falk
12-03-2023, 1:24 PM
I made one that is a combination of the Woodpecker, Veritas and the guy on Youtube that the Veritas one is based on. I made it mainly for picture frames. Mine will also allow for use of my standard and mini biscuit jointer.

Johnny Barr
12-03-2023, 2:51 PM
I made one that is a combination of the Woodpecker, Veritas and the guy on Youtube that the Veritas one is based on. I made it mainly for picture frames. Mine will also allow for use of my standard and mini biscuit jointer.

I've also made my own but ended up buying the Veritas version for more accuracy and repeatability. Great for small boxes and picture frames that I frequently make.

Gordon Dale
12-04-2023, 12:08 AM
Hey Johnny, if you’re willing to share, I’m curious about how you use your domino in the construction of small boxes. Thanks

mike johnston
12-04-2023, 5:48 AM
Me too on the small boxes

Chris Schoenthal
12-04-2023, 7:29 AM
I have yet to build it, but here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP3JGfjUGbM&ab_channel=CarmoniusFinsnickeri) is the YouTube video.
He's got several other builds worth checking out.

George Yetka
12-04-2023, 8:08 AM
I would say no. For what this table does it will take up a bunch of room. I would get the domiplate if anything it is great for anything 1/2 or 3/4. outside of that I dont use anything with the domino

John Kananis
12-04-2023, 8:22 AM
This really is my one complaint, the space it takes juxtaposed to how often it's used. Meaning I can't leave it out and just use when needed. It sits in place of a drawer under my tall bench.

I would say no. For what this table does it will take up a bunch of room. I would get the domiplate if anything it is great for anything 1/2 or 3/4. outside of that I dont use anything with the domino

Johnny Barr
12-04-2023, 5:29 PM
Hey Johnny, if you’re willing to share, I’m curious about how you use your domino in the construction of small boxes. Thanks
Gordon, I mark a line on the inside of one joint. On the edge mortises I hold/clamp the stock horizontally against the fence and with the matching mortises on the face I hold the stock vertically using a home made L piece to keep it against the fence. That marked line should be visible during drilling. I hope that makes sense. The Veritas jig really helps with alignment.
Here's a pic of the Veritas jig and my home made version.

Gordon Dale
12-04-2023, 9:16 PM
Thanks Johnny!

David Bedrosian
12-05-2023, 10:56 PM
Im surprised that no one has mentioned the Dock by Ramon Valdez. It is a great addition to the domino and doesn’t take up much space. I use mine all the time.

Check it out here https://ramonvaldezfinefurniture.com/product/the-dock-for-the-festool-domino-df500/

David

glenn bradley
12-05-2023, 11:36 PM
I have one. It is great for repeated parts like you find on tables and chairs.

George Yetka
12-06-2023, 6:57 AM
Im surprised that no one has mentioned the Dock by Ramon Valdez. It is a great addition to the domino and doesn’t take up much space. I use mine all the time.

Check it out here https://ramonvaldezfinefurniture.com/product/the-dock-for-the-festool-domino-df500/

David

Seneca has one of these too, Im not familiar with Ramon and I only know seneca from the domiplate. So I cant say if there is an advantage with either
https://www.senecawoodworking.com/collections/domino-accessories/products/domino-dock-for-domino-df500

Steve Wurster
12-06-2023, 8:03 AM
Seneca has one of these too, Im not familiar with Ramon and I only know seneca from the domiplate. So I cant say if there is an advantage with either
https://www.senecawoodworking.com/collections/domino-accessories/products/domino-dock-for-domino-df500

Seneca's dock IS Ramon's dock. It's just the flat-pack version of his dock. I want to say they do the CNC cutting for these, but I'm not 100% sure.

mike johnston
12-16-2023, 10:03 AM
Ended up buying the table. Mostly because I had a $300 gift card. I’ve been planning on building a new assembly table. So I guess I can build in domino table storage. Just hope I use the darn thing

Derek Cohen
12-16-2023, 8:32 PM
Hi Mike

First off, I do not own this table. Never used it. I did read the development of it by a member on Festool Owners Group, and that the design was subsequently built by Lee Valley (under contract).

I know you have just purchased the table, and I imagine you want it to reduce the demands of using the Domino freehand. This is not an issue for an adult, but may be for a youngster. The point I want to make for others here is that this looks to be a tool for mass production, not single-use. I use my Domino as a morticing machine, and want it to be flexible here.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Tom Bain
12-17-2023, 5:36 PM
I have the Veritas table … it’s pretty easy to put the domino on and off the table and get it aligned (i.e., you don’t have to dedicate the machine to just using the table). As others have mentioned, it does take up some space. I’ve found it most useful for dominoes on small-ish mitered parts where it’s challenging to get everything clamped down properly and still have space to register the machine on the piece(s) free hand. I do wish it had better hold-down clamps. The ones it comes with work but they can be a little hateful.