PDA

View Full Version : Need a new table saw sawstop vs harvey

Brian Runau
12-03-2023, 9:16 AM
ALPHA HW110LC-36P $2400 delivered price vs similar sawstop with 1 set ea for std blade & daido blade for $3300 delivered. I hate spending 1000 more for the sawstop and can't understand why harvey is charging $500 for delivery? Rockler & woodcraft won't let you pick up at their store must be direct ship even if you pay freight. Wanted to have them deal with any delivery damage.

Wierd.

Brian

Myles Moran
12-03-2023, 9:27 AM
My local woodcraft was offering delivery at one point. I don't remember if they charged for it, but I want to say it was a very reasonable and nominal cost, like $50 or something. You have to buy in store though, the online shopping is a separate entity than the in store.

Brian Runau
12-03-2023, 9:30 AM
My local woodcraft was offering delivery at one point. I don't remember if they charged for it, but I want to say it was a very reasonable and nominal cost, like $50 or something. You have to buy in store though, the online shopping is a separate entity than the in store.

I can use my truck to pick it up, just wanted them to receive it for me. I will call them. thanks. brian

John Kananis
12-03-2023, 10:01 AM
Harvey will sometimes work with your on shopping price if you call in and speak with a live person.

Richard Coers
12-03-2023, 10:38 AM
Oh oh, Sawstop in the title! This will be good for at least 3 pages. LOL

Andrew Hughes
12-03-2023, 10:54 AM
Wow that's a lot of money for a table saw that only spins a 10in blade.

Bill Dufour
12-03-2023, 11:28 AM
I think Fastenal might work to recieve a shipment. I know they will ship machines for you from one store to another for a good price. You have to pick up and/or deliver to their store.
Bill D.

Bill Dufour
12-03-2023, 11:31 AM
For $2,400 why new. I can understand a sawstop but what makes a harvey better then a fifty year old powermatic or unisaw? I think my Rockwell was made in 1962. With new arbor bearings it is better then new since I swapped in a unifence.
Bill D
Northfield for 1,500
https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/d/fairview-heights-northfield-table-saw/7692739568.html

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/d/indianapolis-jet-10in-table-saw-1500/7685808716.html
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/d/detroit-hp-sliding-table-saw/7693365669.html

Rod Sheridan
12-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Hi Brian, the Sawstop honestly is a no brainer, it’s a great saw and has an active safety system, buy it.

Delivery is expensive today, $500 doesn’t seem out of line depending upon distance and truck required (lift gate?).

Regards, Rod

Bill Dufour
12-03-2023, 11:37 AM
The Northfield #4 looks nice to me. But it is big.
That seems like a good price for the Grizzly slider and it is single phase. Claim is a slider keeps fingers safely away from the blade so it is almost as safe as a sawstop.
Bill D
http://www.northfieldwoodworking.com/tablesaws/4saw.htm

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/d/detroit-hp-sliding-table-saw/7693365669.html

mike stenson
12-03-2023, 11:45 AM
Hi Brian, the Sawstop honestly is a no brainer, it’s a great saw and has an active safety system, buy it.

Delivery is expensive today, $500 doesn’t seem out of line depending upon distance and truck required (lift gate?).

Regards, Rod

My lift gate delivery, last week, was over $500 from Sacramento to outside Tucson.

If I was shopping tablesaws, and didn't want the sawstop/PCS (or a slider), I'd get a used unisaw or PM66. Both are bargains on the used market.

Michael Burnside
12-03-2023, 12:03 PM
Both are good saws. I personally own a SawStop. Powerful motor, cuts perfectly straight, easy to setup and adjust and really great fence.

Jay Norton
12-03-2023, 1:56 PM
I have purchased a couple large machines at Woodcraft. Both were shipped free to the store (I ordered in store). I picked both up at the store. They loaded them into my truck.

Brian Runau
12-03-2023, 4:51 PM
I have purchased a couple large machines at Woodcraft. Both were shipped free to the store (I ordered in store). I picked both up at the store. They loaded them into my truck.

I called to confirm with Woodcraft to make my local guys would. thanks brian

Phil Gaudio
12-03-2023, 7:16 PM
I am obliged to say that Harvey is chinese: for those that are concerned about that.

Derek Cohen
12-03-2023, 8:28 PM
I am obliged to say that Harvey is chinese: for those that are concerned about that.

I would expect the Harvey and SawStop to be equal in quality. If anything, the Harvey may be slightly better. What separates the two tablesaws is the obvious.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Phil Gaudio
12-03-2023, 8:33 PM
The obvious it the source of their production, and all that this implies.This may not be a factor for someone living outside the USA.

I would expect the Harvey and SawStop to be equal in quality. If anything, the Harvey may be slightly better. What separates the two tablesaws is the obvious.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Derek Cohen
12-03-2023, 8:45 PM
Good point, Phil. Since nothing is made in Oz, the original of the saws was not in my thoughts, just the quality. I agree, buy US-made first if you can.

My best for the Festive Season.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Bill Dufour
12-03-2023, 10:17 PM
For 1,800$ more is the sawstop really that much safer then the grizzly slider. One or two extra brake cartridges and sales tax means more then $2,000 extra for the saw stop.
Bill D.

al ladd
12-03-2023, 11:03 PM
Isn't Sawstop made in taiwan? (Maybe that's less objectionable to some?...) Is there a US made table saw anymore?

Warren Lake
12-04-2023, 12:13 AM
I rip the same on the slider as I did on the cabinet saw. Its no safer and at 9Hp it would kick more than the 3HP cabinet saw. Its great to have the sliding table for the support alone and lac of drag cross cutting. Thats better quality than the excaliburs I had set up on one cabinet saw. One on each side. faster than any slider that way as it had a sliding table on each side. Cross cut left side slide to sliding table stop on right and cut to length no spin a panel needed.

its just no comparison to cabinet saws, better quality fence, 14" blade or 16 in a pinch, three speeds,. better dust collection, decent sliding table. Cuts like a razor. You cant explain it to people you need to spend some time on different saws. Worst thing about that saw is I didnt get it in the beginning.

Michael Burnside
12-04-2023, 12:38 AM
For 1,800$ more is the sawstop really that much safer then the grizzly slider. One or two extra brake cartridges and sales tax means more then $2,000 extra for the saw stop.
Bill D.

This is such a loaded question. Since you aren’t spending my money and I’m not spending yours, I’ll just say; absolutely it is worth it.

lou Brava
12-04-2023, 11:03 AM
To the OP, I'm not really following your question on saw choice (if there is a question) I get the shipping part & obviously you need to decide for yourself. But FWIW here's my 2 cents, I went through same thoughts a few years ago on SS or conventional TS & it was all about the money. If both were same price or close it woulda been a SS all the way. But as a hobby woodworker who has used pretty much all WW machines professionally and at home for over 40 years I went conventional. If I was going to use the TS everyday or have a another person using the saw It would be a SS. Maybe down the road when I start losing it I'll get a SS & maybe by that time similar tech will be avaible on other saws with competitive pricing. Anyway good luck on your new saw your gonna love either one.

Pat Germain
12-04-2023, 12:31 PM
Whether or not one wants to spend extra money for the SawStop technology is purely subjective. But it seems to me if I must pay an extra $500 for the Harvey, that makes the SawStop $500 cheaper. I will admit I do have a SawStop. I ordered it from Woodcraft. It was delivered to the store and they loaded it into my truck with no shipping charges.

Before I bought my SawStop, I was seriously considering a Harvey table saw. By all accounts it is a good saw at a good price. Mrs. Pat said she felt better about me using a saw with the braking technology, so that's what I ultimately bought.

I'm not aware any table saw currently manufactured in the USA. As a reminder, Taiwan is not China.

Bill Dufour
12-04-2023, 12:40 PM
This is such a loaded question. Since you aren’t spending my money and I’m not spending yours, I’ll just say; absolutely it is worth it.
My limited knowledge of sliders told me ripping was also done with fingers far from the blade. Warren's answer tells me I was wrong. Cross cuts safer yes, ripping no.
I guess short rips can use the slider and keep fingers away from the blade but not longer work.
I do wonder what will happen in 20-30 years if sawstop cartridges will still be made. Will a 30 year old cartridge still work or will the chemicals be degraded and fizzle out? From what I have read if the company goes out of business and technical support dissapears the saws will be unuseable.
Car airbags used to have a inspect every ten years and replace every 15. Newer cars the airbags claim to last for the life of the car.
Bill D

Tom M King
12-04-2023, 12:45 PM
The new Powermatics look really nice, but at the price I'm wondering if anyone is buying them.

James Jayko
12-04-2023, 12:45 PM
How much do you like your fingers?

Michael Burnside
12-04-2023, 12:51 PM
The new Powermatics look really nice, but at the price I'm wondering if anyone is buying them.

Agreed. I had the opportunity to use the latest model (PM2000BT) with the ArmorGlide and it was quite impressive. The build quality, heft of the machine and function of the fence was very nice. It just seemed that without finger sensing tech, the price was a little high IMHO. Maybe if you could get a 10% off + free shipping (currently offered as of this post) it might be better, but still felt a bit high. I'm still keeping my eye on them when I'm ready to purchase another table saw.

Pat Germain
12-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Agreed. I had the opportunity to use the latest model (PM2000BT) with the ArmorGlide and it was quite impressive. The build quality, heft of the machine and function of the fence was very nice. It just seemed that without finger sensing tech, the price was a little high IMHO. Maybe if you could get a 10% off + free shipping (currently offered as of this post) it might be better, but still felt a bit high. I'm still keeping my eye on them when I'm ready to purchase another table saw.

Ditto. Whenever I look at PM machines, I simply can't justify the price. I convinced I'm paying more for the brand name and that simply has no value for me personally.

Phil Gaudio
12-04-2023, 1:10 PM
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the used marketplace might be another option. Craigslist often has old North American Iron (UNISAWs, General, Powermatic) cabinet saws for significantly less than the price of these new asian units. If the SawStop functionality is not a necessity for you (it was for me), used might be the way to go.

ALPHA HW110LC-36P $2400 delivered price vs similar sawstop with 1 set ea for std blade & daido blade for $3300 delivered. I hate spending 1000 more for the sawstop and can't understand why harvey is charging $500 for delivery? Rockler & woodcraft won't let you pick up at their store must be direct ship even if you pay freight. Wanted to have them deal with any delivery damage.

Wierd.

Brian

Mark Wedel
12-04-2023, 3:18 PM
RE if sawstop goes out of business: There are lots of what ifs in that situation - chances are they would not completely disappear, but some company would be the IP and whatever assets of sawstop if it got to that point. Also, once all the patents and what not expire, other companies could make the safety cartridges, and there are probably enough sawstop saws out there that it would be worthwhile for someone to do so.
But presuming the cartridges could not longer be obtained, I suspect there is some way to wire the sawstops so they still work - I know there is a bypass mode on them which will make it so the cartridge will not activate even if it detects contact (good for wet wood) - I can't remember if you can run them without a cartridge at all. But at a basic level, you just need to get power to the motor, which does not seem like a hard problem to solve if it gets to that point.

George Yetka
12-04-2023, 3:26 PM
Im not sure it would matter where it were shipped as far as shipping damage the sawstop comes apart in boxes.

I like my sawstop

Pat Germain
12-04-2023, 3:32 PM
RE if sawstop goes out of business: There are lots of what ifs in that situation - chances are they would not completely disappear, but some company would be the IP and whatever assets of sawstop if it got to that point. Also, once all the patents and what not expire, other companies could make the safety cartridges, and there are probably enough sawstop saws out there that it would be worthwhile for someone to do so.
But presuming the cartridges could not longer be obtained, I suspect there is some way to wire the sawstops so they still work - I know there is a bypass mode on them which will make it so the cartridge will not activate even if it detects contact (good for wet wood) - I can't remember if you can run them without a cartridge at all. But at a basic level, you just need to get power to the motor, which does not seem like a hard problem to solve if it gets to that point.

Running a SawStop without the braking technology would be very easy.

Bill Dufour
12-04-2023, 4:49 PM
Heard on the radio this morning that BMW is recalling cars with takata air bags. The chemical in some of them ages and gets more powerful. Too powerful of an explosion and it throws stuff into the peoples faces.
So explosive cartridges can have a shelf life, who knew.
Who really replaces their smoke alarms every ten years like you are supposed to?
BilL D

Brian Runau
12-04-2023, 5:10 PM
Think I am going to break down and buy the sawstop 1.75hp 36" fence model( I have single phase wired and don't want to rewire) just a hobbyist. I assume I need a spare cartridge? Big expense, but upgrade from my old Sears cabinet base model. My conundrum is at 67 how long will I use it vs what I am spending. Oh well, I can always have them put it in the ground with me. Thanks. Brian

Cameron Wood
12-04-2023, 5:26 PM
Think I am going to break down and buy the sawstop 1.75hp 36" fence model( I have single phase wired and don't want to rewire) just a hobbyist. I assume I need a spare cartridge? Big expense, but upgrade from my old Sears cabinet base model. My conundrum is at 67 how long will I use it vs what I am spending. Oh well, I can always have them put it in the ground with me. Thanks. Brian

I'm guessing you mean that you have 120v wiring and don't want to change to 240v.
It seems pretty standard for new SS owners to have an oops event and cartridge & blade replacement as part of the learning curve.
A buddy got one, even 'tho he's run table saws for decades and was partner in a commercial cabinet shop. The wife input, I think.
It seemed to me that the saw is designed for a dust collection hook up, and would barely work without it.

Pat Germain
12-04-2023, 6:03 PM

You will require a separate cartridge for dado blades.

Pat Germain
12-04-2023, 6:04 PM
Heard on the radio this morning that BMW is recalling cars with takata air bags. The chemical in some of them ages and gets more powerful. Too powerful of an explosion and it throws stuff into the peoples faces.
So explosive cartridges can have a shelf life, who knew.
Who really replaces their smoke alarms every ten years like you are supposed to?
BilL D

I'm not sure I understand your post correctly, but a SawStop cartridge does not use an explosive. It uses a spring; a very stiff spring. The cartridges do not have a shelf life.

Patty Hann
12-04-2023, 6:32 PM
I'm not sure I understand your post correctly, but a SawStop cartridge does not use an explosive. It uses a spring; a very stiff spring. The cartridges do not have a shelf life.

But springs DO have a "Shelf life" (so to speak).
A spring under constant compression will, over time, experience material fatigue.
How long it takes for that to happen to the spring in a SS cartridge I have no idea.

https://www.tevema.com/do-springs-get-softer-over-time/ (https://www.tevema.com/do-springs-get-softer-over-time/)

Michael Burnside
12-04-2023, 6:38 PM

Congrats. I think you'll love the saw. Lots of good choices, but I think you'll be happy. One thing I found after having built/tuned a lot of machines is that the SawStop was one of the easiest. Especially for miter slot to blade adjustment. It's dead simple with 4 set screws. The instructions are pretty good and easy to follow.

As far as cartridge replacements go, if you live near a Woodcraft/Rocker/other distributor and you wouldn't want a replacement right now, then I wouldn't buy an extra. I bought one when I got my saw, and in the 5 years I've owned it (knock on wood) I've not had a single incident, real flesh or otherwise.

Jay Norton
12-04-2023, 6:48 PM
Congrats. I think you'll love the saw. Lots of good choices, but I think you'll be happy. One thing I found after having built/tuned a lot of machines is that the SawStop was one of the easiest. Especially for miter slot to blade adjustment. It's dead simple with 4 set screws. The instructions are pretty good and easy to follow.

Well said. Agree 100%

Jim Becker
12-04-2023, 7:02 PM

SS is owned by the parent company that also owns Festool, Tanos and some other names, including the IP. The risk of them "going out of business" isn't zero, but it's less likely given the strong ownership.

Christopher Charles
12-04-2023, 7:18 PM
Congrats on the new saw! I have the same one and have been tempted to upgrade to 3hp (which is doable and not vastly more expensive than the price difference) but haven’t been able to justify. Does slow down in 8/4 hard maple, but work gets done fine. You did not say if you upgraded to the nicer fence, which I do recommend.

Cameron Wood
12-04-2023, 9:03 PM
From the Sawstop website:

"We recommend a minimum of 350 CFM (PCS/CNS) or 400 CFM (ICS) to the 4” port. Even the largest wet/dry vacuums or portable dust extractors will not supply the CFM needed for proper dust extraction from our cast iron table saws, so we recommend one of the many types of stationary solutions."

Pat Germain
12-04-2023, 9:52 PM
But springs DO have a "Shelf life" (so to speak).
A spring under constant compression will, over time, experience material fatigue.
How long it takes for that to happen to the spring in a SS cartridge I have no idea.

https://www.tevema.com/do-springs-get-softer-over-time/ (https://www.tevema.com/do-springs-get-softer-over-time/)

Apparently it's not enough of an issue to give the SawStop cartridges a shelf life.

Warren Lake
12-04-2023, 10:43 PM
dust collection is an interesting thing and a thing ive never had together. From the years on cabinet saws I tried for a while but just worked with crap. With the slider now one day I did some cuts and walking behind the saw realized I had forgotten to hook up a movable dust collector and the five or six inch flex hose think six inch. the dust had shot out the back of he saw maybe five fee or more behind the saw. At first I didnt get it then realized they build this saw so well that aspect in mind that the internal baffling and just the air from the blade was firing the sawdust out the back of the saw. It was a lesson that the cabinet saws were useless compared to a saw that was engineered to throw dust out the back. It did it even when the dust collection was not hooked up and I was impressed.

Michael Burnside
12-04-2023, 11:50 PM
Apparently it's not enough of an issue to give the SawStop cartridges a shelf life.

As mentioned my “spare” is 5 years old. I asked if there is a “use before” date and they said there is no mechanic wear and tear and the device performs a self diagnostic when powered. However it was recommended to periodically inspect that no sawdust had made it inside the sealed enclosure. If so, it should be replaced. So, maybe in a few years I’ll take a crappy old blade and try to cut a hotdog before replacing it :-)

Pat Germain
12-05-2023, 8:56 AM
dust collection is an interesting thing and a thing ive never had together. From the years on cabinet saws I tried for a while but just worked with crap. With the slider now one day I did some cuts and walking behind the saw realized I had forgotten to hook up a movable dust collector and the five or six inch flex hose think six inch. the dust had shot out the back of he saw maybe five fee or more behind the saw. At first I didnt get it then realized they build this saw so well that aspect in mind that the internal baffling and just the air from the blade was firing the sawdust out the back of the saw. It was a lesson that the cabinet saws were useless compared to a saw that was engineered to throw dust out the back. It did it even when the dust collection was not hooked up and I was impressed.

It's a given that a European slider will have better dust collections than a typical cabinet saw. It's like how a cabinet saw has better dust collection than a contractor saw. Price points are a significant factor is both situations.

Jim Becker
12-05-2023, 11:47 AM
There was a time when I would agree with you fully, Pat, but many modern cabinet saws including SS have a dust shroud around the blade just like Euro sliders. The one advantage is that the sliders typically have a 120mm port (almost 5") vs the typical 4" port on a North American design cabinet saw.

Michael Burnside
12-05-2023, 11:55 AM
I have zero complaints with dust collection. If I use a blade guard with an auxiliary hose attached, I have next to no wood chips.

Mark Wedel
12-05-2023, 2:26 PM
I have a spare cartridge for my sawstop, but the nearest place that would sell replacements is a good 30 minute drive in each direction (and I think close around 4 or 5 PM), which could definitely interrupt my workflow beyond the time to replace the cartridge and blade.
I have a dado cartridge, but not an extra one - I use that infrequently enough, that keeping a spare cartridge (and more to the point, extra dado set) on hand seems a bit overkill.
Though the one time I had a cartridge go off was with the dado set - this is because I had set up my incra miter gauge to be close to the normal saw blade, but with the dado stack, it was now wider and touched the miter gauge. Lesson learned on that.

Pat Germain
12-05-2023, 2:43 PM
There was a time when I would agree with you fully, Pat, but many modern cabinet saws including SS have a dust shroud around the blade just like Euro sliders. The one advantage is that the sliders typically have a 120mm port (almost 5") vs the typical 4" port on a North American design cabinet saw.

The dust collection on my SawStop is pretty good. I don't have a collector over the top of the blade, so I get some saw dust from there. So, maybe if I did get an overhead dust collector it would work better than I expected.

Jim Becker
12-05-2023, 7:24 PM
The dust collection on my SawStop is pretty good. I don't have a collector over the top of the blade, so I get some saw dust from there. So, maybe if I did get an overhead dust collector it would work better than I expected.
Yea, there's a lot of "splash" that comes off the blade due to rotation and what get's caught in the gullets and that's what an overhead collection helps with.

Warren Lake
12-06-2023, 3:01 PM
id make sure you get the highest HP you can afford. I saw one at a show one day and it could not even cut through a weiner.

Bill Howatt
12-06-2023, 3:31 PM
id make sure you get the highest HP you can afford. I saw one at a show one day and it could not even cut through a weiner.

Good point! :)

Pat Germain
12-06-2023, 5:51 PM

Marc Spagnuolo has the 120V SawStop PCS and he regularly rips 8/4 walnut like butter. I got the 3HP/220V SawStop just because I could and I have 220 power in my garage.

Christian Hawkshaw
12-06-2023, 5:57 PM

Thanks for the laugh…

Warren Lake
12-06-2023, 6:10 PM
stalled a 3 HP leeson motor on a general cabinet saw enough times ripping 10 foot rough red oak 4/4. No splitter so tension release tighten on the blade. Sometimes didnt joint the outside edge before ripping the rough material but did run crown side to the fence. We were taught to joint first before ripping rough material, oversize some amount depending on the wood, length of rip etc. 3Hp lowest HP I want on a saw. If anyone is using a power feed they will want enough HP as well.

On site have ripped with those portable saws and even burned one out after we took the overload out, then he went home to get an even smaller one

Michael Burnside
12-06-2023, 6:10 PM
Marc Spagnuolo has the 120V SawStop PCS and he regularly rips 8/4 walnut like butter. I got the 3HP/220V SawStop just because I could and I have 220 power in my garage.

Pat, I think you missed Warren's sarcasm. Try cutting a weiner right now with your 3HP/220V SawStop and report back if it was able to cut through it.... :D

Kendall Scheier
12-22-2023, 12:19 AM

best post ever! Lmao

Alan Lightstone
12-22-2023, 2:52 PM
I wouldn't buy an extra cartridge now, unless you have jobs with a deadline and couldn't wait for one to appear via Amazon, Woodcraft, etc... You do need a dado cartridge also.

That being said, I do have an extra cartridge. And an extra blade. But have all 10 fingers perfectly intact.

Gee, I wonder what caused that??

Richard Coers
12-22-2023, 5:25 PM
Oh oh, Sawstop in the title! This will be good for at least 3 pages. LOL
I missed it by quite a bit, working on page 4 now.

Rege Sullivan
12-22-2023, 10:52 PM
A few months ago I was deciding between Harvey and SawStop. Ended up with the PCS with upgraded fence. Don't laugh, but made the decision after imagining explaining to my wife how the Harvey was a better deal while driving to the ER with a shop rag wrapped around my hand. No regrets, the saw is a joy to use and I don't miss the money I might have saved with the Harvey. Now with my granddaughter taking an interest in WW without a doubt this was the right choice for me.

Tom Bussey
12-24-2023, 2:20 PM
I have to agree with Rege 100% The only reason I changed from a General 350 to a Saw Stop is the same as his. One will never know what the lost of just a tip of the finger is worth until you do not have it anymore. If just the tip of the index finger is gone, it means you can't even pick up a pencil from off the floor. Did I mention how cold the finger gets in cold weather.

jack duren
12-27-2023, 11:37 AM
Dust collection on the SS isn’t that great…Couldn't tell you how many times I’ve had to get in that cabinet to clean the hose out..

Jim Becker
12-27-2023, 4:54 PM
Dust collection on the SS isn’t that great…Couldn't tell you how many times I’ve had to get in that cabinet to clean the hose out..
Aside from off-cut sticks ending up blocking it, the internal hose to the blade shroud shouldn't get clogged up if there is enough airflow to support a reasonable CFM. SS is not different from other saws in that respect and they all get a lot of "splash" off the blade without a kick-butt overhead collection system. 'Nature of the beast.

Michael Burnside
12-27-2023, 8:18 PM

Jack, what dust collector are you running? I've gone years and there is less than a handful of debris in the cabinet, mostly due to me being a moron and forgetting to turn on the DC until after I make the cut :mad:.

Overall I'm highly impressed with dust collection. I'm running an Oneida Supercell for reference.

Larry Frank
12-27-2023, 8:47 PM
I have very little dust in the cabinet of my Sawstop PCS . Mainly, if I forget to turn the dust collector on or open the gate.

A lot will depend on your dust collector.

jack duren
12-29-2023, 10:20 AM
Sawstop has a choke point in the setup just behind the Sawstop mechanism. It’s not unusual for use to run 30 sheets of plywood at 2” at one time.

Dust collector…