For those interested.............

Tyler Howell
02-03-2006, 11:30 PM
That's Ugly!!!!:eek: :mad:
But how does it perform???
Wait and see.;)

Frank Pellow
02-04-2006, 7:20 AM
For those who may not know it, this sander is not yet available in North America. Festool has the old RO 150 model available on a close-out deal and one assumes that, once all those are cleared, the new model will become available.

Jason Roehl
02-04-2006, 8:22 AM
I see some definite improvements! I like the removable pad/nose guard--for what I use my Rotex RO 150, that would come in very handy. I use it on floors, to clean up edger marks, and if you barely touch anything vertical while in the eccentric-orbit mode, it can literally rip the sander out of your hands. I also like the new placement of the switch--I'm always bumping the current one, which makes it too easy to shut it off. (I use it for 2-3 hours at a time, sometimes, so you have to be able to change hand positions.) Is that a detachable hand guard on there as well?

Mark Singer
02-04-2006, 9:32 AM
It looks just like a Rotex 125....I think they just change the label:rolleyes:

Christian Aufreiter
02-11-2006, 2:25 PM
For those who may not know it, this sander is not yet available in North America. Festool has the old RO 150 model available on a close-out deal and one assumes that, once all those are cleared, the new model will become available.

BTW, it isn't yet available in Europe either. I guess Festool Germany will officially introduce it at the woodworking show in Nürnberg, Germany, in March.

Regards,

Christian

tristan won
02-14-2006, 7:57 PM
Just bought the 150 in December... I hope the new one isn't that much better :p