PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Purchase From Routerbit.com

Ken Krawford
11-22-2023, 5:31 AM
I needed some new CMT bits for my Festool Domino and ended up getting 2 from Routerbitworld.com. They arrived yesterday and I immediately noticed the factory seal on both containers was broken and replaced with clear tape. To my eye, the bits appeared new but found this whole experience rather puzzling. I'm going to call them today and see what their explanation is but wondered if anyone has encountered this before or can offer a reasonable explanation.

Patty Hann
11-22-2023, 5:50 AM
I needed some new CMT bits for my Festool Domino and ended up getting 2 from Routerbit.com. They arrived yesterday and I immediately noticed the factory seal on both containers was broken and replaced with clear tape. To my eye, the bits appeared new but found this whole experience rather puzzling. I'm going to call them today and see what their explanation is but wondered if anyone has encountered this before or can offer a reasonable explanation.

Did you buy them from Routerbitworld.com in Orem UT? (I tried routerbit.com but there isn't a site named that)
If it's Routerbitworld I have bought dozens of of bits from them with no problem.

Not too long ago i bought a $45 bit that UPS lost.
I contacted RBW and they said they would take care of the claim, and immediately sent me out a replacement.
By all means, call them and tell them your concerns.
All I can say is that I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Ken Krawford
11-22-2023, 6:22 AM
Whoops - my bad. It was routerbitworld.com in Orem Utah. Initial post corrected.

Ken Krawford
11-22-2023, 10:56 AM
Spoke with routerbitworld today and they couldn't figure out why the factory seal was broken. They offered to replace the bits but since I need them now I decided to keep them. I'm happy with the way they handled it.

Jonathan Jung
11-22-2023, 11:00 AM
routerbitworld has great pricing and will take care of their customer, but they aren't as careful as other companies. I've ordered many times and have had a few bad / odd things come through. Currently waiting to hear back about a Freud bit that arrived dirty, opened, possibly used.

Richard Coers
11-22-2023, 12:33 PM
I don't see what was questionable about the purchase, you got what you ordered. The product package was questionable.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-22-2023, 1:55 PM
Is it possible that they may have opened the product when it arrived at their place of business to inspect it for quality?

Lee Schierer
11-22-2023, 8:17 PM
I've purchased all of my Freud router bits from Routerbit world. I've never had an issue and always received prompt delivery. They are my go to source for router bits.