PDA

View Full Version : 12" Blade Recommendations for Felder K500S

Josh Baldwin
11-20-2023, 10:27 PM
Hey everyone so my Felder will be here in a few months. All of my current blades are 10", so I need some new blades since the Felder accepts 12" and needs the pins bored.

I've had great luck with my CMT blades (the good ones they make, not the cheaper ones) and I also use a really nice Ridge Carbide on my miter saw. I've seen some recommendations for Tenryu, but they seem to make 100 different blades, so a little confusing which one is their best line.

I currently use a rip to rip, general purpose for most things and an 80t crosscut to crosscut. I've seen a lot of people on the forums saying that a good general purpose with these more powerful sliders is all you need, but I'm a bit skeptical as my current 3hp Sawstop cuts wildly different with each blade.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis Yamamoto
11-21-2023, 2:30 AM
Hi Josh,

A number of folks on the Felder Owners Group use Tenryu blades.
I use the following combination blade on my CF741 most of the time. If I'm ripping 8/4+ material that is really hard, I will change out to a 28 tooth rip blade.

I also have a 12" Forrest combination blade. It's more expensive and I'm not sure that it cuts any better.
I'm just a hobbyist though.

Dennis

IW-30050CBD3
300mm
30mm
ATB (https://www.tenryu.com/ToothGeometry.pdf)
.128"
Combination, rip & cross cuts in wood

Jonathan Jung
11-21-2023, 1:45 PM
FWIW, the smoothest-running blade I have is from Popular Tools. I've tried Amana, FS Tool, Forrest, Freud, Tenryu, etc. All good, but the Popular Tools is whisper smooth.

Phillip Mitchell
11-21-2023, 1:49 PM
I like Tenryu for the value to performance ratio as it’s quite high.

The best blades I’ve used are Guhdo / GDP. I have a few of them for my slider. They do make ones with pins bored out.

Rod Sheridan
11-21-2023, 5:54 PM
If you have good quality 10 inch blades have them bored, it’s around $25 per blade.

That’s what I did, I only have one 315mm blade which is the 28 tooth ATB Felder sells, good for extremely deep cuts.

My other blades are FS Tools.

Regards, Rod

Josh Baldwin
11-21-2023, 11:47 PM
Thanks for all the tips. I'm just curious how do you guys come across brands like FS Tools, Guhdo and Popular Tools? I've never heard of any of them and they appear to mostly sell through their catalogs and sales reps.

Rod Sheridan
11-22-2023, 8:42 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I'm just curious how do you guys come across brands like FS Tools, Guhdo and Popular Tools? I've never heard of any of them and they appear to mostly sell through their catalogs and sales reps.

Hi Josh, I came across FS Tools in the seventies when I worked setting up gang rip saws and moulders.

Coincidentally I now live about 10 minutes from their factory, which is very convenient when I want sharpening, repair or something custom.

Regards, Rod

Jonathan Jung
11-22-2023, 10:56 AM
Carbide Processors sells Popular Tools and FS, as well as a complete line of Tenryu. Just recently I got a Popular Tools blade from Tim at toolmanshop.com

Jeff Monson
11-22-2023, 4:17 PM
Tenryu, price is great and they come ready for your machine. I own one 12" Felder blade and it rarely gets used. The Felder blades are good also but I'll take a combination Tenryu all day.

Tom Bain
11-22-2023, 8:39 PM
I’m partial to the Ridge Carbide TS2000.

Jim Becker
11-23-2023, 11:02 AM
Lots of good choices for quality 12" blades. I stuck with Forrest for my SC-3C and generally run the 48T WW-II. Its available with Felder bore and pin holes. I buy from Silvers Mill