PDA

View Full Version : Five Barns Final Countdown!

Bill Grumbine
07-24-2003, 2:29 PM
Greetings all

We are one week away from the Five Barns Picnic here in beautiful downtown Helffrichsville! Friday August 1 starts the festivities, which will continue until the last one standing Saturday night August 2.

The guest list continues to grow, and it is not too late for those of you who still want to come. For those of you who have sent regrets, we will miss you. Our fearless leaders Keith, Aaron, and Ken are all on the guest list, so if you want to meet one of these gentlemen (or in the case of Ken, character!), this is the place to be.

I am still compiling the guest list, and hope to have a good number in a couple days, and I will be responding to those of you who have asked for that number to plan for the good food you are bringing.

If anyone reading this would like to attend, send me an private message with your email, and I will provide you with the details.

Bill

Noah Alkinburgh
07-24-2003, 2:42 PM
can't wait!

Dan McLaughlin
07-24-2003, 3:40 PM
Bill - how late is "too late" for a positive reply?

Noah Alkinburgh
07-24-2003, 3:59 PM

Sunday morning August 3rd :D

Bill Grumbine
07-24-2003, 4:49 PM

Hi Dan

Like Noah says, Sunday morning is too late, but practically speaking, I will probably not have a lot of time to check into my email, etc, from Thursday evening on, so if you haven't made up your mind by then, you most likely won't be able to contact me for directions, etc.

Bill

Ken Salisbury
07-24-2003, 8:24 PM
Our fearless leaders Keith, Aaron, and Ken are all on the guest list, so if you want to meet one of these gentlemen (or in the case of Ken, character!), this is the place to be.

Bill

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK ! !

Joe Tonich
07-24-2003, 10:13 PM
"Our fearless leaders Keith, Aaron, and Ken are all on the guest list, so if you want to meet one of these gentlemen (or in the case of Ken, character!), this is the place to be."

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK ! !

YES!!! You DO!! ;^)

Wish I could go! :(

Joe

Jason Roehl
07-25-2003, 7:17 AM

Jason Roehl
07-26-2003, 7:36 AM

Jason Roehl
07-27-2003, 9:30 AM

p.s. Get in your RSVP if you haven't already!!! We want to see you there!!!

Jason Roehl
07-28-2003, 8:13 AM

Don Farr
07-28-2003, 8:44 AM
I was talking to my wife this weekend about this and she jumped in and said " if you want to go get yourself a plane ticket and go" God I love that woman. The only problem is I run a small business and my lead technician is off this weekend and I have to fill in for him. I'm trying to talk him into changing his weekend. :(
I would really like to meet you guys. Maybe I could learn something.

If not, there is always next year.

Jim Becker
07-28-2003, 8:44 AM
I see a theme developing in Jason's posts... :D

Jim Becker
07-28-2003, 8:46 AM
I was talking to my wife this weekend about this and she jumped in and said " if you want to go get yourself a plane ticket and go" God I love that woman. The only problem is I run a small business and my lead technician is off this weekend and I have to fill in for him. I'm trying to talk him into changing his weekend. :(

Don, if the work thing pans out, check for flights both to Allentown and Philadelpha, with Allentown PA being closer to Bill's place.

Dan Bussiere
07-28-2003, 8:56 AM
to finally meet you all. I am pretty new to woodworking, about 2 years, so I will be in awe in the presence of so many "Masters". Told my wife I was looking forward to going and I guess, based on my excitement level, she decided to go also. Wow, pretty soon she'll be wanting to work in my shop too.
Hey, now that I think of it, that's not such a good idea! Share my tools? No Way, get your own......
Dan

Jason Roehl
07-28-2003, 8:58 AM
to finally meet you all. I am pretty new to woodworking, about 2 years, so I will be in awe in the presence of so many "Masters". Told my wife I was looking forward to going and I guess, based on my excitement level, she decided to go also. Wow, pretty soon she'll be wanting to work in my shop too.
Hey, now that I think of it, that's not such a good idea! Share my tools? No Way, get your own......
Dan

Dan, just make sure that your wife gets tools that you don't already have. Then "forget" to give her a key when you re-key the shop... :D

Jason Roehl
07-29-2003, 8:09 AM

Jason Roehl
07-30-2003, 8:11 AM

Dan Bussiere
07-30-2003, 8:26 AM
Jason,
See I learn more and more from you guys each day! I wonder if my tools and I will fit in the dog house.........
Dan

Noah Alkinburgh
07-30-2003, 8:34 AM

If not, there is always next year.

So are you coming or not??? :)

Daniel Rabinovitz
07-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Dan
My wife is coming also. Tell your wife to bring her fabric circles and the two of them can make yo-yo's together. Maybe they can even start a yo-yo forum?
Daniel

Jason Roehl
07-31-2003, 6:24 AM

If you haven't figured it out by now, the shindig is tomorrow, and I'm going. Matter of fact, I'm out the door in about 45 minutes (if I can get it all together by then).

Tom Sweeney
08-01-2003, 12:26 PM

Figured I'd give Jason a hand since he's either enroute or already drinking beer at the 5 barns complex :D

I'm out of here (work) in about an hour - then I have to do my Jamaican Jerk Chicken - wrap it up & head North to 5 Barns. :cool: :D

I heard a report on the local radio earlier about some rebel from Alabama heading north in a pickup loaded with Bud Light & a bunch of walnut stirring up trouble crossing the Mason Dixon line - Hope it doesn't cause any trouble for the get together at Bill's place. ;)

PS: Jason - hope I didn't step on your toes here - I figured you were pre-occupied so I am just helping out!

Jason Roehl
08-03-2003, 10:27 PM

Figured I'd give Jason a hand since he's either enroute or already drinking beer at the 5 barns complex :D

I'm out of here (work) in about an hour - then I have to do my Jamaican Jerk Chicken - wrap it up & head North to 5 Barns. :cool: :D

I heard a report on the local radio earlier about some rebel from Alabama heading north in a pickup loaded with Bud Light & a bunch of walnut stirring up trouble crossing the Mason Dixon line - Hope it doesn't cause any trouble for the get together at Bill's place. ;)

PS: Jason - hope I didn't step on your toes here - I figured you were pre-occupied so I am just helping out!

Pretty good, Tom. No toes stepped on here, and you were right on the beer count--by the time of your post, I had already polished one off, but I don't know if it counts--it was a Bud Light. Ken offered and I had to take it--I hate to see old men cry! :D

Last I heard, they hadn't caught the old rebel--he was driving so fast he was outrunning the 2-way radios. Guess that's what happens when you allow any sort of character into a picnic. :D :D :p :D