PDA

View Full Version : Are Jessem Rout-R-Lift and Dewalt 618 Router Compatible?

Jeremy Gates
11-01-2023, 9:08 PM
Hello. This is my first post on Sawmill Creek, and my fingers are crossed for some helpful guidance. I have a Powermatic PM2000 tablesaw which has a JessEm Rout-R-Lift (Item #6682004). I've had a Porter Cable router installed in the Rout-R-Lift for years, but I recently purchased a Dewalt DW618 router for a horsepower upgrade. I thought the Dewalt router would fit on the Rout-R-Lift master ring (Part #XLIFT-P0009), but I was wrong.I called JPW Industries for guidance, and they told me to place the master ring on the router base and spin it until the holes lined up. There are holes are kinda lined up, but they're not perfectly lined up. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Any suggestions on how to proceed? I really appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance.

Doug Garson
11-02-2023, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the forum. Can't answer your question but when I look up Rout-R-Lift (Item #6682004) it indicates it is a Powermatic product no mention of Jess Em. Maybe it's made by Jess Em for Powermatic? I have a Jess Em Router Lift II, not sure what the master ring you refer to is, when I Google it, it brings up garage door openers. Maybe post some pictures. You will have to become a donor to post pictures, $6 a year, click on the yellow Donate button at the top. And no, I don't get a commission :)

Lisa Starr
11-02-2023, 7:42 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Yep, I had that combination in my table for several years and it worked fine.

James Jayko
11-02-2023, 10:54 AM
As I remember, it works with pretty much any router you're going to commonly find.

Jeremy Gates
11-03-2023, 8:01 PM
As I remember, it works with pretty much any router you're going to commonly find.

Thank you, Lisa, Doug, and James! I appreciate your insight.