PDA

View Full Version : Delta Unisaw 34-802

Jerry Thompson
10-30-2023, 4:06 PM
We made a zero clearance saw insert. I started it up and the blade started to make a loud metallic noise about half way to full RPM then quit after a moment. I started and restarted the saw several times to see if it persisted, which it did.
I removed the insert and removed some material from the front edge that may have been causing the noise.
When I tried to start the saw the green start button had remained depressed and the saw would not start.
I unplugged it and let it sit for a couple of hours while I went out and about. The start button remains depressed.
I wonder if this is a coincidence and the switch is the problem?
Please understand I am with little electrical or mechanical ability.

Jim Morgan
10-31-2023, 8:14 AM
Did you press the stop button?

Zachary Hoyt
10-31-2023, 8:42 AM
Sometimes you have to poke the stop button extra hard to get the start button to pop back out, or sometimes a button gets stuck because of a bit of debris or something, and will come loose if you wiggle it a little bit with something sort of pointy, or tap on the side of the switch assembly with a rubber mallet or something.

Gordon Stump
10-31-2023, 8:48 AM
Yup, smack it. The magnetic switch on my planer does that. I need to repair/replace the magnetic switch since this type of thing is very dangerous.

Jerry Thompson
11-01-2023, 5:00 PM
I didn't look at the breaker close enough. It appeared to be OK. My wife, who covers my tracks, gave it a push and all is good.

mike stenson
11-01-2023, 6:52 PM
I didn't look at the breaker close enough. It appeared to be OK. My wife, who covers my tracks, gave it a push and all is good.
Always cycle breakers, off and then back on. Often if they trip you won't see it. :D