PDA

View Full Version : Digital display on Seco wide belt sander

Jack Wilson
10-29-2023, 9:11 AM
i have an old Seco 24" wide belt sander, I'm at least the 3rd owner. There is a digital display that displays the height of the infeed table, but never accurately. If I bring it all the way up and zero it out it won't take too many adjustments to the height for it to be off again. Does anybody know how to fix this? Is anybody familiar with this tool?

Thanks!

Mel Fulks
10-29-2023, 9:26 AM
It doesn’t have a lock knob ?

Phillip Mitchell
10-29-2023, 11:17 AM
https://www.proscale.com/products/industry-applications/incremental-planer-sander-kit/

Steve Jenkins
10-29-2023, 12:47 PM
https://www.proscale.com/products/industry-applications/incremental-planer-sander-kit/
I’ve been using the proscale for years. It’s excellent on both sander and planer and probably other things.

Jack Wilson
10-29-2023, 7:10 PM
No sir, it does not. It doesn't move while running boards through it, the problem is that the values given for moving the table up or down are arbitrary. For instance, 6.032, (I don't even know what it's referring to, it's not inches and it's not MM, so...), that same thickness after moving the table a few times, will not regester anywhere near that number. So thickness is not repeatable based on the display numbers.

Jack Wilson
10-29-2023, 9:11 PM

No, just the read out.

Mel Fulks
10-30-2023, 1:07 AM
The several wide belt sanders I used in employments had switches for up and down, and a hand-wheel for fine adjustments. Had to be
careful since the belts could fly to pieces with too much pressure. I think each belt was at least $40.

Jack Wilson
11-01-2023, 4:56 PM
BINGO!!! They do shred, and I cant find them for less than $50 anymore. :eek: :(

Jack Wilson
11-01-2023, 4:58 PM
The several wide belt sanders I used in employments had switches for up and down, and a hand-wheel for fine adjustments. Had to be
careful since the belts could fly to pieces with too much pressure. I think each belt was at least $40.

BINGO!!! They do shred, and I cant find them for less than $50 anymore. :eek: :(

Mel Fulks
11-01-2023, 6:57 PM
make sure the belt lap is going in the right direction. I’ve see some belts that had no arrow or a wrong -way arrow.
Big Chief say: “when arrow fly backward feathers tickle face , and death is sloww and …funny “

Mel Fulks
11-02-2023, 11:39 PM
Some buy the sand -paper by whole roll, then cut and glue . I’ve forgotten what adhesive ,or tape we used . Pretty sure we bought
whatever it was from same place we got the roll.

Bill Dufour
11-03-2023, 11:29 AM
I would guess dust has gotten into the reader head, or the light is flickering. Is it a glass scale not magnetic? Who made the scale? Who made the dro? The odd numbers I have no good ideas. Did it ever work?
Possible it is reading 1/2 or 2x distance like for a lathe. Consistent % error might be a angle adjustment setting error.
I would contact SECO and ask who made the scale and DRO.
Bill D

Bill Dufour
11-03-2023, 11:35 AM
Is this the same seco that makes tons of machine tooling? I do not see any connections online.
Bill D

https://www.secotools.com/?language=en