PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT--Trip to Costa Rica

Earl Eyre
02-03-2006, 1:40 AM
You can take this pic off if such totally OT isn't allowed. We just finished a trip of the lifetime to Costa Rica, including sleeping by an active volcano going "boom" in the night, riding horses on the beach, rafting in the jungle, hiking to waterfalls, seeing toucans, parrots, monkeys, and 50 more types of birds. Anyway this pic is me in the lower right, my wife on the otherside in the blue shirt. There are two more people in front of the raft getting totally covered by this wave. The guide actually fell all the way forward and hit my wife!. Picture was taken by a guy in a kayak beside us. Not a bad trip for a retired 67 year old!

I could have brought back a ton of wonderful hardwood if I could have figured out how to carry it!

Now I can't wait to dig into the wood purchased from John.

Earl

Gary Max
02-03-2006, 1:46 AM
Looks like a great trip---you did talk about wood so it ain't off topic.
Glad you had a blast.

Robert Mickley
02-03-2006, 4:00 PM
I know two guys that live down there, Fred owns a farm, raising trees. Harold just moved down there at Freds encouragement. I could spend some time there no problem

Ken Garlock
02-03-2006, 4:40 PM
Earl, sounds great. We spent only one day visiting Costa Rica as part of a cruse through the Panama Canal. I was really impressed with the country. It would be the only place outside of the good old USA that I would consider retiring to. It is really.:cool:

John Hart
02-04-2006, 7:31 AM
Now that's my kind of vacation! Done a lot of rafting down some wild rivers in Idaho but never one of these BIG ones like you're doing in the pic. Sounds like a great outdoorsy trip!:)

Norman Hitt
02-05-2006, 4:14 PM
Hey Earl, how about some more Pics of the forests, etc? I've flown over Costa Rica a number of times back in my "Flying Days", but never got on the ground there. Don't think MY 67 yr old back with it's history, would take that River Ride without a LOT of Complaints, though.