PDA

View Full Version : spinrite router in jessem Master lift 2 (metric)

Clark Todd
10-18-2023, 8:51 PM
Can anyone give an opinion on the spinrite router? And does it fit in the Jessem masterlift2 metric version? Any suggestions on what motor to get for that lift? Thanks!

John Gustafson
10-19-2023, 10:48 PM
Check the Jessem web site. They have a list of compatible router models for their lifts. If yours is not listed (my router was not) a email to them got me a quick response when I was shopping for a lift.

Aaron Inami
10-20-2023, 12:56 AM
The masterlift2 metric version supports most routers except for the Milwaukee 4.1" and 3.3" motors. The Woodpeck Spinrite 4.2" will fit just fine in the metric lift. I don't have an opinion on the Spinrite, but it seems like it it ise a better quality variation of the Bora 4.2 and MLCS 4.2 motors.

I think the Jessem Pow-R-Tek II motor that I'm using my setup is the top level router motor you can buy, but it is also over twice as expensive as the Spinrite.

It's common for people to get the Milwaukee 5625 fixed base router and pull the 4.1" motor out of that for a router lift. Many people have been happy with this, but some have had problems with the motor reliability (same with Bora and MLCS). However, this won't fit the jessem metric lift.