PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Cutting Tools -- David Venditto Contact Info? Concerning Email

Rich Seifert
10-15-2023, 8:24 AM
Hello folks. After making a purchase at the Infinity Cutting Tools website, I returned to modify the order and remove two items that were (1) back-ordered and (2) arrived but proved to be unhelpful, I received a concerning email. This was an email from another "user," which appears to have originated from within the website's customer service system. I first thought it was a response to my query but upon opening the email, it was instead, someone asking me a question about providing him manuals. I am trying to determine how this could have happened. Regardless, in addition to this issue, I've got a couple of other issues to discuss with him. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rich

https://infinitytools.com/pub/media/Email_hero_image.jpg (https://infinitytools.com/)

##- please type your reply above this line -##

Dear Richard Seifert,
Thank you for contacting Infinity Cutting Tools!
This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. One of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible.. Please allow us 1-2 business days to respond

Ticket ID
MASKED

Subject
FInger Joint Cutter

Department
Customer Service

Status
Open

Priority
High

Details
Hello Richard,
I'm Folaranmi, I ordered the infinity finger joint cutter, and I have been battling to get a precision joint. Do you have a Manual or video to guide me. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Femi Xxxxxx (REMOVED LAST NAME IN CASE THIS IS INNOCENT)

Telephone: +2347063XXXXXX (REMOVED LAST SIX IN CASE THIS IS INNOCENT)

You can check the status of reply to this ticket online at: REMOVED

Rich Seifert
10-15-2023, 9:12 AM
I also thought I would post the following ... message header indicates the email originated from the Infinity Cutting Tools server (not likely that someone is in my email). Thanks, Rich

Josh Molaver
10-15-2023, 9:16 AM
It appears to be a (bad) problem with their support ticketing system...

Rich Seifert
10-15-2023, 9:21 AM
It appears to be a (bad) problem with their support ticketing system...
The fact that he(?) knew I either (1) purchased a Leigh D4R Pro, and/or (2) wrote Infinity Customer Service about the Leigh D4R Pro, and/or (3) wrote or called about a question about the F3 Finger Joint accessory ... THIS IS EXTREMELY CONCERNING.

lou Brava
10-15-2023, 10:47 AM
What type of assistance are you looking for ?

Steve Demuth
10-15-2023, 10:59 AM
Richard,

You don't mention whether you opened, or tried to open, a support ticket.

I am going to guess that you did, either intentionally, or indirectly. I think the email you received is not in any way from the other customer, but rather is Infinity's response to your attempt to open a ticket, acknowledging your request, and that either through a software issue, or through a fat-fingered manual effort, the other customer's email to Infinity, requesting a manual, got copied into your acknowledgement.

Since such acknowledgement emails are normally completed automated, my suspicion is that they suffered a system failure or crash about the time you and the other customer were interacting, and the recovery process garbled your separate requests. I've seen variants of this behavior in other automated response systems. But it's also possible that their software is just buggy, and crossed the wires in some other random fashion.

Rich Seifert
10-15-2023, 11:42 AM
What type of assistance are you looking for ?
His personal attention on an order/fulfillment issue and an item cancelation that's not updated on my account. I would like for the owner to know about it.

Rich Seifert
10-15-2023, 11:49 AM
Richard,

You don't mention whether you opened, or tried to open, a support ticket.

I am going to guess that you did, either intentionally, or indirectly. I think the email you received is not in any way from the other customer, but rather is Infinity's response to your attempt to open a ticket, acknowledging your request, and that either through a software issue, or through a fat-fingered manual effort, the other customer's email to Infinity, requesting a manual, got copied into your acknowledgement.

Since such acknowledgement emails are normally completed automated, my suspicion is that they suffered a system failure or crash about the time you and the other customer were interacting, and the recovery process garbled your separate requests. I've seen variants of this behavior in other automated response systems. But it's also possible that their software is just buggy, and crossed the wires in some other random fashion.

Steve, it was my support ticket that generated this issue in the first place. I am hoping for this to be confirmed as a fat-fingered-oopsy; however, my first reaction was a security flaw. Especially since it is extremely coincidental for another user to be querying me, addressing me by my name, and asking if I had a manual for a product that I also inquired about purchasing. So, yes, perhaps a complete coincidence, but alarming (to me) nonetheless.

Thanks,
Rich

Frederick Skelly
10-15-2023, 7:42 PM
His personal attention on an order/fulfillment issue and an item cancelation that's not updated on my account. I would like for the owner to know about it.

Please excuse me if I’ve I’m missed something here. Have you actually CALLED customer service to try and work this? Or are you relying solely on a possibly-goofed-up website? Customer service should report a possible security issue uphill and be able to fix your order Rich.

“GIVE US A CALL
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm EST.
We have product experts ready to assist you via phone.
877-872-2487”

FWIW, Infinity has a pretty good rep and they’ve taken good care of my orders.