PDA

View Full Version : Another "other hobby"

Dan Forman
02-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Hope to make one of these someday, but for now I settled on painting one. I picked up this plane on eBay last year, maker unknown. Oil on canvas, 8 x 12"

Dan

Lou Morrissette
02-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Very nice work, Dan. Real talent there.

Lou

Bruce Page
02-03-2006, 1:03 AM
That’s beautiful Dan! I have always had a high regard for people that can paint. It would be easier for me to make one than paint one, I have zero artistic talent when it come to painting!

John Miliunas
02-03-2006, 8:20 AM
Ditto to what Bruce said! I have a hard time with straight lines even when using a straightedge!!!:o Anyhow, nice painting, Dan!!! :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
02-03-2006, 8:25 AM
Excellent Dan! Like others, I'm always at awe of people with that kind of talent! I can play music, have some technical skills but artist skills = 0!

Dan Forman
02-03-2006, 5:10 PM
Thanks guys. I would have been saying the same thing myself a few years ago. Art, like most everything else, is more about perseverance than "talent".

Dan

Alan Turner
02-04-2006, 5:43 AM
Dan,
Nice work. Did you read "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"? I started it, and was actually able to draw something after a bit, but then did not follow through. Shucks. I'm voting for anyone who promises me a 28 hour day.

Vaughn McMillan
02-04-2006, 5:49 AM
Nice looking painting, Dan. I have a pretty good eye for forms and shapes, but I'm like an 8-year-old when it comes to drawing freehand or painting.

- Vaughn

David Fried
02-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Art in the shop - what a concept! Looks great! Put it above the bench as inspiration!

Dave Fried

Dan Forman
02-04-2006, 3:32 PM
Dan,
Nice work. Did you read "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"? I started it, and was actually able to draw something after a bit, but then did not follow through. Shucks. I'm voting for anyone who promises me a 28 hour day.

Allen---Yes I have a copy, got part way through it and did find it helpful, but like you, didnt finish. Perhaps when that 28 hour day comes through. I didn't really get much of a lift from the recently added leap second.

Vaughn---So did you draw your new avatar? :) :) :) Actually, the book that Alan mentioned explains why most of us stop drawing at that stage, and shows how to begin again.

David---Thanks for your kind words.

Dan

Jesse Merino
02-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately, the LORD only gave me good looks, and not talent...

And that I know, because when we are in a dark room or a black out occurs, my wife tells me how handsome I am!!!

I used to watch those guys on PBS, what they could do with a 4" paint brush, makes me feel ashamed every time I go to paint my house with one, and cant even stay within the lines...sheesh!...Jesse:(