PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw Bootcamp

James A. Wolfe
02-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Has anyone here attended one of the CorelDraw bootcamps offered by Unleashed? They are going to have one specifically targeted to laser engravers this spring but the price tag of $699 makes me want to check with some of their "alumni" before plunking down that much cash.

Thanx,

Jim

Nick Adams
02-03-2006, 2:03 AM
do you consider yourself a quick visual learner?

I have found great success with most seminars due to my ability to visually remeber and understand objectives that are taught on short order.

Some people however cant be "told" how to do something and retain it without doing it over and over. Which you typically don't have time for.

I have not attended a Corel seminar, I have been to many Microsoft software, adobe, and a few other random seminars. All of which were great learning experiances.

John Richards OK
02-03-2006, 1:34 PM
Roy Brewer puts on an excellent Corel Draw seminar for laser engravers. It is only one day long and much cheaper, just can't remember how much it was now. He came to OKC so I did not even have to travel. I did not know anything about Corel Draw, I always used Photoshop, but he has me using Corel Draw like a pro now. Check with him to see where and when he will be doing another one.:)

Lisa Luciano
02-07-2006, 3:28 PM
My husband just got back from attending one of the Unleashed programs in Arizona.

He thought the instructor was terrific and yet 2 of the 3 days did not pertain much to laser engraving, so although he still learned some things, only the first day was relevant to our business. It sounds like the new program you mentioned may be addressing that concern.

It also wasn't geared as much for beginners as I think my husband would have liked.

Finally, it wasn't "hands-on", it was watching the instructor make the choices. I know for me, I'd rather be doing things simultaneously, although my husband said the instructor mentioned it really slows the class down a lot waiting for everyone to get done with every move.

We've purchased the Roy Brewer CD's from Graphicspro.org for me and I'm going to start them this week so I'll report back later.

Good luck!

Lisa

James A. Wolfe
02-07-2006, 4:09 PM
Thanks for the reply, Lisa. I knew these weren't beginner classes because I called and spoke with the instructor. As a point in their favor, he actually recommended that I didn't schedule this class until I was pretty familiar with and comfortable using Corel 12. He explained the setup and said that the curriculum was based on taking the average to good user to a higher level of proficiency. Also, when I asked him where I could go to get to that level, he mentioned the CD's you spoke about. I always feel better about a supplier who admits his product isn't what you need. Makes me think that when he does tell me it's right, I can believe it.

Let me know what you think of the CD's.

Thanx,

Jim

Mike Shauer
02-07-2006, 4:42 PM
I have had the CDs since November. I don't know what I would have done without them. If your new to Corel and have a laser you should not be without them! I have only good things to say about them.

Cheers, Mike

Roy Brewer
02-08-2006, 10:46 PM
We've purchased the Roy Brewer CD's from Graphicspro.org for me and I'm going to start them this week so I'll report back later.

Lisa,
Just to clarify, if you bought CDs from Graphicspro.org they are by John McDaniel. If you bought the Roy Brewer CDs you bought them from ARA(?).

You made a long trip from OH to the Laser Academy; good or bad, what's your thoughts?