PDA

View Full Version : favorite mini hand tools

James Spillman
10-10-2023, 4:01 PM
This is a question for those that have used miniature hand tools when woodworking. I've noticed Micro Mark and Lee Valley both have an abundance of hand tools available to do the job. I would like to know what mini tools you have used and what are your favorites? Thanks.

Jim Becker
10-10-2023, 6:59 PM
The only mini tools I have are a few tiny Veritas hand planes. I bought them as novelties, rather than to use, but they are absolutely functional and well made. I had a small bronze/brass instrument maker's plane but sold it to another 'Creeker awhile back.

Frederick Skelly
10-10-2023, 7:58 PM
I have the Veritas mini block plane. It actually sees some use on small flat work, and does a good job.

I keep eyeballing the mini shooting plane and the mini plow, just because they’re so cool.

Bill Dufour
10-10-2023, 11:11 PM
Pin vise for small drills.
BilL D

Phil Mueller
10-12-2023, 6:56 AM
I too have the Veritas mini block plane. Gets frequent use, especially leveling inlaid stringing and banding.

Carl Beckett
10-12-2023, 10:23 AM
Not sure if it is a 'mini', but I use a small bull nose plane frequently. Have eyed the small chisel planes for cleaning up corners, etc.

Al Weber
10-13-2023, 3:48 PM
I have the Veritas mini- router plane and use it occasionally on small work where I can't get my large version due to space limitations. Most recently to do hinge. mortises on an assembled small box.

mike calabrese
10-14-2023, 9:43 AM
toothpicks