PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic PM1000 Blade.

Deck Reagan
10-10-2023, 3:12 PM
Hey fellow woodworkers. I've been away from the wood shop for a while. I'm starting to get back into woodworking once again. Last night I pulled the trigger on a PM1000. I'm trying to figure out what size blade to use with the standard kerf riving knife as well as the thin kerf. I called powermatic and they couldn't tell me! For any of you that have this saw, what are you running on it for a thin kerf blade???

The saw does not come with a blade!

Thanks,

Deck

Michael Burnside
10-10-2023, 3:54 PM
Hey fellow woodworkers. I've been away from the wood shop for a while. I'm starting to get back into woodworking once again. Last night I pulled the trigger on a PM1000. I'm trying to figure out what size blade to use with the standard kerf riving knife as well as the thin kerf. I called powermatic and they couldn't tell me! For any of you that have this saw, what are you running on it for a thin kerf blade???

Thanks,

Deck

I would recommend only using a thin kerf for ripping but personally I prefer full kerf if you have 3HP or larger. I think the PM1000 is 1.5 or 1.75? If so, then maybe a thin kerf for ripping would be a good choice.

For all blades you need, checkout Ridge Carbide https://ridgecarbidetool.com/

They aren't cheap, but they're the best IMHO (Forrest is also good and just as spendy).

Lee Schierer
10-10-2023, 7:06 PM

Thanks,

Deck

The Freud Glueline full kerf rip blade cuts extremely well even on my 1-1/2 Hp saw. The Freud Fusion blade is an exceptional cross cut blade also full kerf.

Bill Dufour
10-10-2023, 7:14 PM
Table saw or bandsaw?
Bill D

Deck Reagan
10-10-2023, 9:39 PM
Sorry the Pm1000 is a table saw.

Dave VanDewerker
10-11-2023, 11:51 AM
I have a PM1000 table saw and the everyday blade I use is a 40t Tenryu Gold Medal blade. For ripping I use a full kerf blade most of the time, either an Amana or Rigid Carbide. I only change to a rip blade when I have a lot of ripping to do, The Tenryu does a good job for most rips.

Erik Loza
10-11-2023, 1:59 PM
I prefer full-kerf on any table saw. Runs cooler, more stable cut. Can’t go wrong with Amana, Tenryu, Forrest, or Ridge Carbide. Hope this helps,

Erik

Deck Reagan
10-11-2023, 2:56 PM
Dave,
are you happy with your PM1000? Seems like a solid saw. Mine will be delivered tomorrow. I saved about $700 going with the Black Anniversary model.

Deck

Dave VanDewerker
10-12-2023, 12:26 PM
Dave,
are you happy with your PM1000? Seems like a solid saw. Mine will be delivered tomorrow. I saved about $700 going with the Black Anniversary model.

Deck

I am very happy with the saw, I have had it for 6+ years and other than a couple of minor issues it has been a good saw. The plastic face on the fence wore so I replaced it with a piece of extruded aluminum and the internal hose foe the dust collect rotted out and I replaced that. Its not a 3hp saw so I just go slow a steady if making a thick cut, the saw has never let me down.

Brian Hall
11-29-2023, 8:28 PM
I'm looking at that same saw , how are you liking it ? and did you rewire to 220 volt ?

thanks

Dave VanDewerker
11-30-2023, 10:31 AM
I'm looking at that same saw , how are you liking it ? and did you rewire to 220 volt ?

thanks

No, my shop is limited to 110.

glenn bradley
11-30-2023, 11:05 AM
I ran thin kerf 40T combo and 60T crosscut blades on my Orion 1.75HP saw but used 24T FTG full kerf for ripping with good success. Once you exceed the tier of Freud Industrial series blades the differences between many quality blades can get pretty subjective. I have had good success with Amana, Freud, Carbide Processors, Lietz, etc. I run all full kerf on my current 3HP saw.