PDA

View Full Version : Colliflower zero clearance fence for Kapex (The Cube)

Michael Burnside
10-05-2023, 1:01 PM
I recently bought one of these for my Kapex and was able to use it last weekend to build out a quick 24"x30" gallery frame for some art my wife purchased. The design is absolutely brilliant and worked perfectly. Install took maybe 2 minutes and I milled up 8 blocks of 8/4 maple into "cubes" using the provided template, installed one and went to work. Cuts were clean, crisp and zero tearout. I already use their zero clearance plate but having the cube against the fence makes for a nice means of knowing where you'll cut anywhere along the fence. Made for sneaking up on the miters a breeze. As an added bonus, I think it improves dust collection slightly as it seems the cube provides a "ramp" that sends debris towards the boot.

If you have a Kapex I highly recommend it.

https://www.colliflower-zci.com/store/colliflower-zero-clearance-fence-for-kapex

Alan Lightstone
10-05-2023, 1:25 PM
I've liked mine too. They do wear out, so I'd get a couple of replacements.

Michael Burnside
10-05-2023, 2:26 PM
Yea I figured if I was going to make one, making a few more was just as easy. I just ripped some 8/4 maple to width and sliced them up. There is a small hole in the back where you can use a small screw to pull the block tight against the extrusion after you've adjusted the set screws for a flush block. This will eliminate any play and should make the block last a long time before needing a change. Swapping out a 45 and a straight block is also a 30 second task tops, which is what I did making the frame. This will keep the zero clearance just that.

Robert LaPlaca
10-06-2023, 9:02 AM
Very clever..

richard poitras
10-06-2023, 9:52 AM
Interesting ....

Richard Coers
10-06-2023, 6:42 PM
Wow, should work well for that kind of money!

Michael Burnside
10-06-2023, 7:02 PM
Wow, should work well for that kind of money!

Works very well, it’s made of premium materials in the US. I have no complaints about its function or price.